Marquis Gray -No Brewster Mention

Interesting article, but it doesn't address the depth chart. I wonder how the backups compare to Gray and to each other.

This kid was easily the 2nd best player on the field in the us army aa game coming out of high school. I am pumped to finally see him become the featured player on this team. All the negative speculation about him being too dumb to play qb or a poor passer over the years appears to be just speculation (at least compared to the other gopher qb's). I'm loving that he is taking control early.

There are many things that Brewster did that drove me nuts and I am glad to see that he is gone. But Brewster landing Gray was one of his best accomplishments, IMO, during his time at the U. I feel really fortunate that we have such a gift athlete on our team. I still remember watching the Army game and seeing Gray pick the U hat. I thought "how cool is this. The U getting national tv exposure for its fb program at the army game." I do not remember the U's hat ever being on the table as a possible selection for a player at the army game prior to that time.

I still can't believe Brewster lost his job with his best player watching other people touch the ball.

On second thought, that makes perfect sense.

I still can't believe Brewster lost his job with his best player watching other people touch the ball.

On second thought, that makes perfect sense.

What?! Wasn't half this board up in arms over the fact that Gray was playing WR instead of QB? That would lead to some deductive reasoning that said Gray still was on the field playing (and catching footballs).

Maybe it is because he is to busy looking toward future opportunity. That was the gist of what I got out of that article.

I like his "this offense is actually pretty easy" comment. I don't know if I would have said that, but it shows how comfortable he is with the reads.

What?! Wasn't half this board up in arms over the fact that Gray was playing WR instead of QB? That would lead to some deductive reasoning that said Gray still was on the field playing (and catching footballs).

Nice nitpicking there, Formo. You know damn well the poster was talking about Gray playing QB, or not for that matter.

But yes, landing Gray probably was the best thing Brewster did while at Minnesota. The worst? Not playing Gray when his job was on the line. Brewster's anchor was Weber and now he is gone. Maybe he learned something from it all. Who knows?

Whatever the case, I'm excited to see how the Gophers do with Gray at QB.

Top Bottom