Mark Richt pulls a Jeff Horton

MinnMarchDTF

Musical Magician
Reaction score
In the SEC Championship game after going up 3-0, Georgia kicked an onside kick a la Jeff Horton vs Iowa. Brought back good memories!

10-0 Georgia. What happens with the BCS Championship game if LSU loses?

I hope Georgia pulls the upset so that there can be some serious debate and chaos about who should play in the NC game given that a bunch of teams would have 1 loss. Give the computers a major workout and watch the fans from all over the nation complain about how their team got screwed.

If this happens and Oklahoma St. beats Oklahoma big tonight, it could get really interesting. If LSU loses and it still ends up being them and Alabama, then we would have two teams from the same conference and neither of them won the conference championship. That would be ridiculous to me.

My Christmas wish. 2 CB and a safety with the ability of LSU's trio to sign with the Gopher's on LOI day

You can say all you want about great defenses, but neither offense looks that good. The OL can't open a whole or hold the rush off of the QB. I think Gray looks like a better QB than either of these guys.

That's a very good point... If Georgia wins yet LSU and Bama still have the schedule strength and media pull to be #1/2, people will go crazy in anger that 2 teams from the same conference, neither of which won the conference title game are playing in a national championship game ahead of other great 1-loss teams like Stanford, Ok St, etc. I myself have expressed my like of the current system or a 4 team playoff at most, but that would be horrible.

To be honest, LSU looks silly right now. Their offense has 0 first downs in the whole half, their defense has been gifted by 2 HUGE dropped passes by UGA and has since stiffened a little. I'm sorry but is it possible that offense in the SEC isn't as great as people think it is, which is why their defenses always are 'so great'?? Oregon, Texas, and Florida all put up plenty of yards and points against the SEC champs. I dunno. Just really hoping a non-SEC team can get in the championship game (ahem, OkSt, play well tonight).

Seriously? I would take either defense over anything in the BIG

You don't think Wisconsin's offensive line would match up well against them? I didn't say the B1G, I threw out examples of other teams from the Pac1(2)0 and Big 12 who have put up big numbers on the supposed great defenses of the SEC. I'm watching Georgia's defense completely lock down LSU, the same defense that was made silly by Boise in the same stadium.

You don't think Wisconsin's offensive line would match up well against them? I didn't say the B1G, I threw out examples of other teams from the Pac1(2)0 and Big 12 who have put up big numbers on the supposed great defenses of the SEC. I'm watching Georgia's defense completely lock down LSU, the same defense that was made silly by Boise in the same stadium.

This is just silly. LSU and Alabama's defenses are far and away the best two in the country. It isn't even close. What does Boise's offense lighting up Georgia have to do with anything? Boise's offense is better than LSU's. LSU's offense isn't even average, let alone good. LSU wins because it has the best defense and the best special teams in the country. If they also had a good offense, they would've won every game by 40 points (which they practically did anyway).

This is just silly. LSU and Alabama's defenses are far and away the best two in the country. It isn't even close. What does Boise's offense lighting up Georgia have to do with anything? Boise's offense is better than LSU's. LSU's offense isn't even average, let alone good. LSU wins because it has the best defense and the best special teams in the country. If they also had a good offense, they would've won every game by 40 points (which they practically did anyway).
They are the best at defense and special teams, there was a great article on their punter who is a rugby player, and can put the ball about anywhere. The numbers quoted in the article were as of two weeks ago opposing teams had a season total punt return yardage of something like 12 yds.
However, the Alabama and LSU offenses are so lousy to watch that the next game won't be much more fun than the last.

Top Bottom