Mark Grace Has Epic Answer For Why He Didn't Use PEDs; Grace was concerned steroids might affect his performance in the bedroom

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per 670 The Score:

Unlike many players who played in the MLB steroids era of the late 1990s and early 2000s, former Cubs first baseman Mark Grace never had a performance-enhancing drug cloud of suspicion hanging over him.

Such is life when you hit 173 homers across 16 big league seasons and no more than 17 in any given year. It's with that as context that Grace was asked on the Dan Patrick Show on Tuesday morning why he didn't use steroids, and the answer he gave was classic.

"I'm going to give you the honest answer, Dan," Grace said on the show. "I was a single man in Chicago, and that stuff is bad for your get up and go, if you know what I mean. So I wanted to continue to have the ability to get up and go. So that's a big reason."

Go Mark Grace!!

This story reminded me of Mark Grace's most famous quote:

On the definition of a "slumpbuster", after being pressed by host Jim Rome in a now-infamous 2003 interview on the television show "Rome is Burning" to clarify the baseball slang term (this is the "official" word-for-word transcript from the interview)...

"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."

Win Twins!!

This story reminded me of Mark Grace's most famous quote:

On the definition of a "slumpbuster", after being pressed by host Jim Rome in a now-infamous 2003 interview on the television show "Rome is Burning" to clarify the baseball slang term (this is the "official" word-for-word transcript from the interview)...

"A slumpbuster is if a team's in a slump, or if you personally are in a slump, you gotta find the fatest, gnarliest, grossest chick and you just gotta lay the wood to her. And when you do that, you're just gonna have instant success. And it could also be called jumping on a grenade for the team."

Win Twins!!
Can you imagine if a player said that today?

Top Bottom