Mark Dantoni: When we win Sat -- and I'll say when -- we'll be a 6-6 football team

Well I guess there is no need to even play the game since he is so confident. I have a good feeling that they will be 5-7 and we will be 7-5. Ski U Mah and fill the Bank!

The Gophers have a nice, empty bulletin board. This seems like the perfect decoration.

Bulletin board material. Would love to stop them from becoming bowl eligible.

What a stupid thing for Dantoni to say. He's smarter than that.

I can think of one reason Dantonio said it, and it's an age-old method coaches use. He's clearly putting the pressure to win this game and get bowl eligible on his own shoulders, not the shoulders of his players, who have found every way imaginable to lose a series of gut-wrenchers this season. (Big Ten losses by 1,3,2,4, and 3 points) Deflect attention from Sparty's disappointing season away from the players, bring it upon himself. Not sure I'd use that method, but it seems to me that's what he's doing.

He's working too hard. He's going to give himself a heart attack-ack-ack-ack-ack-ack.

The Gophers have a nice, empty bulletin board. This seems like the perfect decoration.

My first thought, too...Good bulletin board material.

I have a sneaky feeling that COACH KILL and not A.J. Barker will give the pre-game speech. :)

Well I guess there is no need to even play the game since he is so confident. I have a good feeling that they will be 5-7 and we will be 7-5. Ski U Mah and fill the Bank!

boom! go gophers and ski-u-mah!

So should we just Forfeit and as fans not bother to show up?

Spartans may be a good team but guaranteeing victory really? Why so confident coach Mark dink. Does this mean they get an automatic win and a bye going in to there bowl game. Is the MSU coach going to guarantee all ticket holders a refund for Saturday's game? Will he be reimbursing the Spartan faithful for there plane tickets and hotel rooms.
I guess the Gophers do not need to even bother showing up Saturday, we should all go watch a movie instead.

Is his job on the line? Thems is fightin' words.

I guarantee that we will go to the game, have a great time, cheer like crazy, and I think we will win.

Non-story.

Coaches do that all the time. Even the great Norman Dale (the one from the movie, not our poster) said to Ollie "When you make the free throw".

Spartans may be a good team but guaranteeing victory really? Why so confident coach Mark dink. Does this mean they get an automatic win and a bye going in to there bowl game. Is the MSU coach going to guarantee all ticket holders a refund for Saturday's game? Will he be reimbursing the Spartan faithful for there plane tickets and hotel rooms.
I guess the Gophers do not need to even bother showing up Saturday, we should all go watch a movie instead.

It is a difference in where the programs are at right now. They are 8 point favorites and even though it is a dreaded road game the head coach expects his team to win because they are the better team. Heading into Illinois knowing we were the better team the excuses were lining up as to why we would lose the game, MSU has a different mentality. They have struggled this year but they are playing teams far better than ours really tough so I would be confident if I was them as well after watching our squad for 10 games.

Just like it was for us against Illinois they know they have to execute and can't just win by showing up but if they do play up to their ability there is no reason for them to expect to leave TCF Bank stadium with anything less than their 6th win.

Both teams have lost 5 conference games so far. They have lost those 5 games by a total of 13 points including a 1 point loss to OSU and a 4 pt loss to the same Nebraska team that scored 38 unanswered on us last week. In our 5 Big Ten losses the closest we got was 8 points and three of them were over 20 points. All that said we can definitely win this game but their is no doubt which team is the better team coming into the game despite what the records say. Heck the only reason we don't have identical records is they payed #1 Notre Dame.

He must feel he has superior talent or I would hope he would never make that kind of a statement, puts the bullseye on them.

At least it came from the coach and not the coach's mom's best friend.

Dantonio has almost always been a classy guy. Personally, I'm thinking he's directing attention away from the AJ drama and adding intrigue to the real game. If that's his motivation, great.

I hope this gets our players, fans, and coaching staff energized to whip MSU!!

Agree he is taking focus onto him trying to remove pressure from his team. He is usually a pretty classy guy, doubt it is meant in a bulletin board type of way, but if I were MN I would use it...

And in all honesty, they have been much worse than expected, but have lost 4-5 games by about 3 points. Could very easily be 8-3 instead of 5-6...

Top Bottom