Marcus: program has been good, never great, under Tubby Smith, and it may have peaked

I have higher standards for "good" than what has been accomplished so far. I don't think a program that has 2 1 and dones and has not finished in the top half of its conference can be considered "good". I also didn't see anything in Marcus' story that provided any rationale for the "peaked" portion of the title.

Kudos to Marcus for writing such a long article that covered almost all things associated with the program. I didn't agree with it all, but it was an interesting read.

The big thing I disagree with is the recruiting take. Tubby has had plenty of time to bring in someone capable of creating their own shot. It's not like only UNC, Kansas, and Duke have that type of player.

I think criticism is warranted, but I also think Tubby's best days at Minnesota are still ahead.

It's sad to watch," Nolen said after Minnesota's 75-65 Big Ten tournament loss against Northwestern on Thursday. "I know they're a lot better team than what they were showing. Guys can shoot the ball. But they've got it in their heads they don't want to. Guys have to be able to block Coach out and just play."

What the.......

It's sad to watch," Nolen said after Minnesota's 75-65 Big Ten tournament loss against Northwestern on Thursday. "I know they're a lot better team than what they were showing. Guys can shoot the ball. But they've got it in their heads they don't want to. Guys have to be able to block Coach out and just play."

What the.......

Nolen's quote knocked my socks off. I'm literally not wearing any socks as of this writing. What he said is consistent with a lot of fans' speculation this year - that Tubby made players less instead of more confident. I mean, it's right there in black and white!

I think this is a good article written by Marcus. I thought it was interesting tubby saying he doesnt have a coach to help out the big men. Might explain why they have REALLY taken a huge step forward, specifically Iverson. Oh well i am looking forward to next year just to see what the line up will be.

This years team had Mbwake rebounding but when Nolen got hurt didn't have anyone to push the ball up the court on a rebound. I thought that really hurt the team.

If you are at all hesitant about taking a shot you can forget it, based on Nolen's comments are they playing scared. That may be part of the reason experience matters under Tubby. It wasn't until the end of Joseph's second year that he took over and really started to shine. Does it take that long to get comfortable and confident in your abilities.

What the.......

No wonder this team doesn't play hard.

Definitely an interesting article - Fuller is a solid beat writer. Don't think the program has peaked under Tubby but I guess we will see. Mbakwe is definitely going to test the draft waters, hopefully it will be in his best interest to come back.

Top Bottom