Marcus Paige Gets Offer

akgopher

Reaction score
Looks like a big time prospect. It'll be interesting to see if he gives us serious consideration. Iowa hoops on the rise.

Paige looks like a very nice prospect, a true PG who can also knock down shots from the perimeter. It should be interesting to see how he does in a more significant more role this coming season, as Linn Mar lost two seniors who will be playing D1 hoops. I think Johnny mentioned this in another thread, but Linn Mar may be coming up for the Timberwolves event in January.

In addition to the Minnesota offer, Paige also has offers from Iowa, Iowa St. and Northern Iowa and interest from lots of other schools. Most of the message board rumors are that Iowa St. and Wisconsin lead for him. Not sure what exactly UW is waiting for to offer (maybe to finalize their 2010 guards?), but they probably have a pretty good shot of landing him when/if they offer. Marcus' older sister committed to the UW women's hoops program this summer.

Please !

Please throw me a bone here.

Do you have a link or a mention of a source of this news? And who is Marcus Paige? And Iowa hoops on the rise is pretty funny as it would be hard pressed to get much lower. If they bought a new basketball Iowa hoops would be on the rise.

Chris Monter has an article about the offer on the Minnesota Scout site.

http://minnesota.scout.com/

Marcus Paige is a 6' PG in the 2012 class. He attends Linn Mar HS in Marion, IA, the same HS as UW guard Jason Bohannon.

The state of Iowa is actually producing some pretty solid talent of late. Harrison Barnes is one of the best prospects in the nation in the 2010 class. Marcus Paige is generally ranked among the top 50-75 kids in the 2012 class, and Peter Jok is already being talked about as a top 15-25 kid in the 2013 class. There are certainly some other kids mixed in those classes who will play college basketball, but those three are some real solid headliners.

Thank You Ole...

Paige looks like a very nice prospect, a true PG who can also knock down shots from the perimeter. It should be interesting to see how he does in a more significant more role this coming season, as Linn Mar lost two seniors who will be playing D1 hoops. I think Johnny mentioned this in another thread, but Linn Mar may be coming up for the Timberwolves event in January.

In addition to the Minnesota offer, Paige also has offers from Iowa, Iowa St. and Northern Iowa and interest from lots of other schools. Most of the message board rumors are that Iowa St. and Wisconsin lead for him. Not sure what exactly UW is waiting for to offer (maybe to finalize their 2010 guards?), but they probably have a pretty good shot of landing him when/if they offer. Marcus' older sister committed to the UW women's hoops program this summer.

Thank You Ole for more info on this... :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paige is really, really good. He was amazing at the 43 Hoops tournament last year at Wayzata and in front of Licklighter and McDermidt, he did a little bit of everything and earned scholarships from those schools as a freshman. Nice to see MN finally getting out early and offering regional stars like Paige and Tokoto early not to mention MN kids like Chambers.

And yes Ole, Lin Mar is scheduled to play at the Timberwolves tourny.

Paige is really, really good. He was amazing at the 43 Hoops tournament last year at Wayzata and in front of Licklighter and McDermidt, he did a little bit of everything and earned scholarships from those schools as a freshman. Nice to see MN finally getting out early and offering regional stars like Paige and Tokoto early not to mention MN kids like Chambers.
And yes Ole, Lin Mar is scheduled to play at the Timberwolves tourny.

I'm curious...do you mean that we have offered Siyani Chambers? Or that we might soon?

I have had the opportunity to coach Marcus in baseball when he was in middle school and to watch him develop as a basketball player and he truly has become a very good player over the years. Hope we can get him.

Peter Jok is already being talked about as a top 15-25 kid in the 2013 class.

I've heard unreal things about this kid. If Tubby and staff aren't already working him, they should be. He's from Des Moines and that is an easy drive to MSP. Hard to believe we're talking about 2013 kids!

And Iowa hoops on the rise is pretty funny as it would be hard pressed to get much lower.

I think he means basketball in Iowa high schools is on the rise. The state of Iowa is producing a large amount of D-I players. Good ones, too.

Actually he is from Cedar Rapids area not Des Moines.

Actually he is from Cedar Rapids area not Des Moines.

No, Peter Jok is from Des Moines Roosevelt. That's who I was referring to in the thread if you follow along. He's class of 2013.

Top Bottom