Marcus Jones: Redshirt eligible?

g1976b

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Marcus Jones has played in too many games to be eligible for a medical redshirt? I'm not sure where to look for this info and he has to be close. I'm guessing he's played in 4-6 games.

Yes, he has. He played in 7 games. He has no shot at a waiver.

Yeah, he played in every game up until Iowa, no way he gets a waiver now. Sucks that he didn't get a chance to be a part of that Iowa win, he's been one of our few consistent performers this year and now he's out when it looks like the team's starting to figure a few things out.

That said, hope he heals up well and next year we'll have him back at full strength and a stronger team as well.

Thanks for the info guys. I was afraid of that. For some reason I didn't remember him from the Nebraska game, then I started to think back to when he actually was hurt.

Absolutely hope he can come back strong next year. Seems like he was one of the bright spots with the 2011 freshmen.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he redshirt's next season. I only say that because it often takes people a bit to come back from ACL surgeries and while he might be able to play, he might not be able to practice much going into the season and it might take him a full year to be 100% back to normal.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that he redshirt's next season. I only say that because it often takes people a bit to come back from ACL surgeries and while he might be able to play, he might not be able to practice much going into the season and it might take him a full year to be 100% back to normal.
One of my friends' brothers is a senior in high school this year that plays both football and basketball. He tore his ACL and is expected to be able to play part of the basketball season because he is a really fast healer. Maybe Marcus Jones is like that as well?

One of my friends' brothers is a senior in high school this year that plays both football and basketball. He tore his ACL and is expected to be able to play part of the basketball season because he is a really fast healer. Maybe Marcus Jones is like that as well?

Absolutely and I don't think it's probable that Jones will RS next season, I just meant he still has one available and if there are any questions or minor worries about his knee, i'd rather just have them RS Jones next season.

Apparently, Kill is hoping he will be back for spring as it was not a full reconstruction: http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?33480-STrib-on-Marcus-Jones-U-freshman-out-for-year-faces-ACL-surgery.

Top Bottom