Marcus Fuller blog: Mbakwe sees benefit in declaring early for NBA draft

"I've heard from scouts that Mbakwe could be at best a mid- to-high second-round pick, not a first-rounder. A strong last couple of games and postseason run would surely help. But Mbakwe would likely have to grow two inches and develop a jump shot in time for the NBA teams to evaluate him as a higher pick than that."

I'm not real confident that Trevor will accomplish the growth spurt and develop a jump shot in the next 30 days. I agree that Trevor is wise to be evaluated, but he will find out quickly that an undersized PF with limited shooting and overall offensive skills is not what the NBA is looking for. He could take the Juwan Johnson approach and return for his senior year, improve his offensive and defensive game, lead his team to a top three finish, and be a top candidate for Big 10 player of the year. That would get the NBA's attention.

The problem with Trevor is that you have a limited playing career and he is getting older. I don't see him making it in the NBA, he would have to go to Europe, but I think that will be the case whether he stays or goes.

Remember, Tubby encourages players to enter their names and see their pro potential. Tollackson, Westbrook and DJ all did the same.

Top Bottom