Marcus Fuller blog: Landry not visiting; Gophs interested in Wally Judge from KSU

"Gophs interested in Wally Judge from KSU"

Who wouldn't be? The fact that he is supposedly looking to attend school closer to home in Maryland makes this issue completely irrelavant. He's not coming here to play in Tubby's, stand around the perimeter offense, plain and simple. This wasn't even worth mentioning on Marcus' part.

"Gophs interested in Wally Judge from KSU"

Who wouldn't be? The fact that he is supposedly looking to attend school closer to home in Maryland makes this issue completely irrelavant. He's not coming here to play in Tubby's, stand around the perimeter offense, plain and simple. This wasn't even worth mentioning on Marcus' part.

This seems like something to get angry about.

Marcus did make it seem like it would be a long shot. These reporters have to put something out there or else what good are they? Not that they're all that good to begin with.

Marcus isn't just throwing Wally's name around, this is the player that has been speculated on all along. Minnesota has an in with his AAU coach and we're one of the first schools to get involved. Most think he will be back on the west coast, but Mn is at least in the conversation.

Will he be eligible for the 2012 Big 10 season?

Maybe he saw Rodney hilites on espn and wanted to come here. Just think of all the Gophers leaving for the NBA after next year.

Disappointing news about Landry, but interesting tidbit about Wally Judge. We are due for some good luck so maybe we'll actually get him. When would he be able to play if he did transfer here?

I wonder what changed in the past month or so that made Marcus comfortable with releasing Wally's name as the "impact" guy?

It's slightly discouraging to read this statement: "Ingram wasn't a Division I prospect as a senior at Minnesota Transitions..."
That's not good. Even if he improved a lot, can he really compete in the Big Ten? I feel like this is just another patchwork job by Tubby to fill a scholarship. But I guess he's left with no choice.

Yep - this should be stickyed for a month, just for posterity.

lol I thought the Wally Judge piece would get more play.

And of course it's patchwork, when you lose players, that's what ends up happening unless you're Kansas, UNC, Duke, etc. But that doesn't mean they're kids who can't contribute to winning games.

It's slightly discouraging to read this statement: "Ingram wasn't a Division I prospect as a senior at Minnesota Transitions..."
That's not good. Even if he improved a lot, can he really compete in the Big Ten? I feel like this is just another patchwork job by Tubby to fill a scholarship. But I guess he's left with no choice.

It does make sense though. A "plan B" in case Mbakwe goes pro this year and perhaps a one year starter as a mature senior the following year.

It does make sense though. A "plan B" in case Mbakwe goes pro this year and perhaps a one year starter as a mature senior the following year.

You bring up a good point. I guess its unrealistic to expect Tubby to nab an impact player for next season this late in the recruiting season. I just hope Mbakwe stays!

Top Bottom