Marcus Carr Rumor

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
A little birdie is hearing Marcus is on his way out at Texas. Safe guess would be not happy with his PT?

That always felt like a weird fit. Defense first coach who wants to limit turnovers, play at a slower pace, already has 2 established lead guards and a ton of other transfers who wanted the ball. I thought a spot like LSU that needed to replace some scoring and has a coach that tends to let guys play hero ball made some sense.

That always felt like a weird fit. Defense first coach who wants to limit turnovers, play at a slower pace, already has 2 established lead guards and a ton of other transfers who wanted the ball. I thought a spot like LSU that needed to replace some scoring and has a coach that tends to let guys play hero ball made some sense.
I get it though...Carr had three tough seasons 15-43 overall in conference games with Pitt and Minnesota. He had a chance to go with a national contender and well respected coach and maybe win big, removing the potential knock on him that he couldn't lead a winning squad.. I think it was kind of on Beard to see that Carr would or would not fit and he must have convinced Carr that he would.

Started the last
A little birdie is hearing Marcus is on his way out at Texas. Safe guess would be not happy with his PT?
You think? He leads the team in minutes played. He led in minutes against Incarnate Word, their last game.
Has started 10 out of their 12 games. Didn't start games 8 and 9, but played 19 minutes in the game 8 blowout and 26 minutes in the game 9 against Stanford.

Started the last

You think? He leads the team in minutes played. He led in minutes against Incarnate Word, their last game.
Has started 10 out of their 12 games. Didn't start games 8 and 9, but played 19 minutes in the game 8 blowout and 26 minutes in the game 9 against Stanford.
Good point. I should have said, how he's being used.

He went to a place whose strengths are what NBA scouts told him he needed to improve. He needed to prove he could defend, share the ball, and most importantly prove he could lead a winning team. Lack of handling this adversity won’t suit him well in their eyes imo.

He’s got no collegiate options left, right?

He’s got no collegiate options left, right?
Since last year did not count towards eligibility he could play another year at Texas or Grad Transfer to another school in 2022-23.

Started the last

Also leading the team in assists.

Texas freshman jaylon Tyson entered the portal 3 days ago. Was a top 30 recruit.

Texas freshman jaylon Tyson entered the portal 3 days ago. Was a top 30 recruit.

Tough to keep incoming freshman happy if you bring in a large crop of transfers to play in front of them.

I agree Carr doesn't look happy but I'd say that's on him.. Change your attitude. The team has talent. He's being trusted to lead the team by a respected coach.
What would there possibly be to gain quitting mid season when its just about to get fun?

Honestly, I don't think he can improve his stock at Texas.

Marcus Carr is a good scorer and played hard for the Gophers, so I root for him, but he doesn't have a PG's skillset. Even though his skillset is not really valuable in the NBA, I think his best bet at making money is to just be a scorer.

In terms of professional basketball, he is a good (albeit way too high usage) scorer, while he is a subpar PG. I wouldn't be shocked if he left Texas after this semester and went somewhere to make some money. There are a number of avenues and I just don't think he will improve his stock by staying.

Marcus Carr is a good scorer and played hard for the Gophers, so I root for him, but he doesn't have a PG's skillset. Even though his skillset is not really valuable in the NBA, I think his best bet at making money is to just be a scorer.

In terms of professional basketball, he is a good (albeit way too high usage) scorer, while he is a subpar PG. I wouldn't be shocked if he left Texas after this semester and went somewhere to make some money. There are a number of avenues and I just don't think he will improve his stock by staying.
This is all true, but he may not have wanted to hear it or believe it. In terms of trying to see if he could make it, he made the right choice, he’s just not good enough. There is still money for him, just not in the NBA.

Which is what he should have done last spring. G league would have been infinitely better if he still had the NBA dream or overseas to make money.

Any idea what kind of money a player can make playing in a second tier league in Europe, Russia or Israel? Or the top league in Australia or New Zealand?

Any idea what kind of money a player can make playing in a second tier league in Europe, Russia or Israel? Or the top league in Australia or New Zealand?
He likely would be in a top league almost anywhere. Definitely can make a few hundred thousand, if not more, in top leagues. No taxes, all expenses (lodging, car, food, whatever) paid

In Australia, each club has a salary cap of 1.03 M USD, so the average per player is about 100K USD, which seems ok, but the cost of living in AUS is really high, so that's not going to go too far.

He likely would be in a top league almost anywhere. Definitely can make a few hundred thousand, if not more, in top leagues. No taxes, all expenses (lodging, car, food, whatever) paid
It's just a guess, but I think the top Euroleague teams and even Maccabi Tel Aviv have players who are the equivalent of as high as late first round and all the way through the second round NBA picks. Carr is a good college player, but he's a full level below Carson Edwards, who was drafted in the second round, made it through half a season in the NBA and is in the G league today.

If Carr could get Euroleague money, he should be on the next plane to Spain.

Top Bottom