March Madness Trivia, Question #9

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
Baylor's return to the Final Four this year was their first trip back since 1950, a span on 71 years between appearances by the program. That stands alone as the second longest span of time between Final Four appearances. Which program lays claim to the longest span of time between FF appearances?

I will guess Oregon.
That is a great guess, Ope3, congratulations! From winning the inaugural national championship in 1939, it took them 78 years to re-visit the Final Four in 2017.

Take heart Gopher fans, it's only been 24 years for us. :-(

That is a great guess, Ope3, congratulations! From winning the inaugural national championship in 1939, it took them 78 years to re-visit the Final Four in 2017.

Take heart Gopher fans, it's only been 24 years for us. :-(
Thanks. I took a guess because I remembered when CBS had Northwestern in 2017 for the last game at Welsh-Ryan before remodeling, they had a short feature on the 1st Final 4 played on their campus, with Oregon the champ. They wound up making it back a few weeks later.

Odd, I can remember that but when I went to the grocery store a few days ago I forgot to pick up eggs, when that was one of the main reasons I had to go there. Today, I am having cereal for breakfast.

Thanks. I took a guess because I remembered when CBS had Northwestern in 2017 for the last game at Welsh-Ryan before remodeling, they had a short feature on the 1st Final 4 played on their campus, with Oregon the champ. They wound up making it back a few weeks later.

Odd, I can remember that but when I went to the grocery store a few days ago I forgot to pick up eggs, when that was one of the main reasons I had to go there. Today, I am having cereal for breakfast.
You're not that old.

You're not that old.

I don't think lacking to pick up the eggs was a "senior moment", as that is a continuation of essentially of a 30 year trend for me seeming to forget an item or 2 at the grocery store. Also in the past year, I just want to get in and out of there so quick, that in my rush it happens a little more frequently.

I just find it fascinating on some of the minutia/trivia the mind can retain, yet other details in life just fall by the wayside.

I don't think lacking to pick up the eggs was a "senior moment", as that is a continuation of essentially of a 30 year trend for me seeming to forget an item or 2 at the grocery store. Also in the past year, I just want to get in and out of there so quick, that in my rush it happens a little more frequently.

I just find it fascinating on some of the minutia/trivia the mind can retain, yet other details in life just fall by the wayside.
As many of you might presume, the trivial sh*t that sticks in my head versus things that would actually be useful in day to day life is astounding and has been since my teenage years (at least). I blame the baseball card collecting hobby from my youth ;-).

Top Bottom