Many of the state’s top players visiting this weekend for the Minnesota junior day

Jon

Reaction score
cut and paste from below link ...
“We all know that you win games not with coaches, but you win it with players and recruiting,” head coach Jerry Kill said at the National Signing Day press conference

Jonathan Harden Photos Cretin Derham Hall
Taylor Montero Cretin Derham Hall
Kendrik Brewster Cretin Derham Hall
Andrew Larson Eden Prairie Sr.
Drake Michaelson Eden Prairie Sr.
Charles Webb Minnetonka Sr.
Isaac Hayes St. Thomas Academy HS

"The lone 2011 prospect that will be in attendance this weekend is Grand Rapids (Mich.) defensive end Carlton Johnson. The 6-foot-3, 240-pound JUCO prospect told Scout.com recruiting analyst Scott Eklund, that he has been in contact with Minnesota since National Signing Day. Johnson doesn’t have a Minnesota offer "

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/1049360.html

hope they all get out of town - and safely back home - before the huge winter storm hits around midnight or so tonight!

a little bit of ice to coat the roads and highways...followed by a foot of heavy, wet snow...then the wind starts a howlin':rolleyes:

Monday morning commute will be a disaster:eek:

Sounds like Philip Nelson just committed at this Jr. Day. Let get another couple too...

Sounds like Philip Nelson just committed at this Jr. Day. Let get another couple too...

Lets hope for montero...harden...webb... with the three already committed if we could land these 3 I would be content with the Minnesota guys if that's all we got for the rest of the class, straight up. Pretty obvious Kill is making a huge impression on everyone already. I still remember the melt down we had when we hired him and I was one of a handful who loved it. Eat da crow :cool02:

I was pumped up about the hiring of Jerry Kill but the only thing that concerned me was his ability to recruit. I liked what he did with our 2011 class (considering the circumstances) and so far 2012 has gone better than I could have expected.

I have thought for a bit now that this recruiting class could be the class that really makes this program legit. It took a few of these guys from MN to all decide they wanted to be Gophers. Hopefully the ring leader is a guy like Nelson who we all thought was going to be a Badger, is getting recruited by everybody, to actually step forward and choose Maroon and Gold early in the process. If this class adds a good percentage of these other MN kids (Harden, Montero, Dunbar, Williams, Webb, Mollberg) and even add in the MN/TX kid in Ramacher, this will be our best class in a very long time.

So keep it up Coach Kill and keep it up MN kids, start a new trend.

I was pumped up about the hiring of Jerry Kill but the only thing that concerned me was his ability to recruit. I liked what he did with our 2011 class (considering the circumstances) and so far 2012 has gone better than I could have expected.

I have thought for a bit now that this recruiting class could be the class that really makes this program legit. It took a few of these guys from MN to all decide they wanted to be Gophers. Hopefully the ring leader is a guy like Nelson who we all thought was going to be a Badger, is getting recruited by everybody, to actually step forward and choose Maroon and Gold early in the process. If this class adds a good percentage of these other MN kids (Harden, Montero, Dunbar, Williams, Webb, Mollberg) and even add in the MN/TX kid in Ramacher, this will be our best class in a very long time.

So keep it up Coach Kill and keep it up MN kids, start a new trend.

My immediate thought was that you guys got a teacher more than a recruiter, which is generally a good thing. Still, I think it's a bit ironic that this might be the guy that starts convincing the top end players to stay home. Substance over style.

Top Bottom