Mandel's Mailbag - Minnesota/Ole Miss Syndrome?

How embarrassing. What dumb@ss would actually think Tony Dungy would coach a college team, muchless one that is down and would take countless hours reviving?? The guy makes Minnesotans look stupid even posing a question like that.

No one knows me, but my sources claim the Dungy thing is not the pipe dream some think. If the Gophers don't win again this year, things could get very interesting.

I would be shocked on your Dungy take ... even though he has a brother who is a dentist here in the metro, I don't think he has interest in moving back here ... on your 2nd point, agree ... think he deserves a 4th year, but conversations are at the very least taking place on campus, so definitely worthy of discussing on this board.

I loved Mandel's answer to that idiot's question.

I loved Mandel's answer to that idiot's question.

The Dungy thing is just stupid, yeah he's going to come and save us all, HE'S NEVER COMING HERE. HE HASN't EVEN VISITED ON A GAMEDAY THIS YEAR!

Mandel's answer will now be inserted anytime I see Dungy's name come up as a remote possibility for coaching here. Hilarious and spot on, love that this idiot was shot down on a national site.

HE HASN't EVEN VISITED ON A GAMEDAY THIS YEAR!

I agree there's no chance in hell he would even remotely consider coaching here - but your reference here has nothing to do with it. He films "Football Night in America" every Sunday. I doubt he has much interest in flying to Minneapolis for a Gophers game, and then flying to New York City to be tired and jetlagged for his show.

I agree there's no chance in hell he would even remotely consider coaching here - but your reference here has nothing to do with it. He films "Football Night in America" every Sunday. I doubt he has much interest in flying to Minneapolis for a Gophers game, and then flying to New York City to be tired and jetlagged for his show.

Not that I disagree that him not being here means anything, but flying from Minneapolis to NYC via first class Saturday afternoon/evening wouldn't exactly wear somebody out for the next evening. Also, a 1 hour timezone difference isn't going to give you jetlag.

In his book he talked about how his wife really didn't like the cold in Minneapolis. She wanted them to move somewhere warmer as soon as possible. I think Tony wouldn't mind as much considering he went to school here and all, but his family might say otherwise.

Mandel wasn't mocking the guy for suggesteing Dungy (although it is idiotic), he was mocking MN fans that think changing coaches before a guy gets to coach his own players is very Ole Miss - like. It is assinine.

Admittedly, it is a foot race between MN and IN to see who gets the Rose Bowl visit first. I hope we get there soon.

Once again, a KFAN listener steps into a national media forum and regurguitates the "takes" he hears everytime the Gophers are discussed, and he makes the whole state look like a bunch of tools.

Top Bottom