Malcolm Yards

noamfromm

Reaction score
If I plan on going to Malcolm yards before the Iowa game, what time would any of you recommend showing up to be able to sit down? I've never been so please stop me if the sitting isn't something that is done there

I’ve been there about a half dozen times. I haven’t been there lately though so someone may have more timely advice.

It always seems busy but I think you will find a place to sit at pretty much any time. However, outdoor seating isn’t an option in this weather so that will tighten things up a bit.

With some luck, perhaps you can try the Korean chicken if the people staffing that area don’t decide to walk away for one of their breaks at prime time. Their breaks are far more important to them than potential customers.

Stop it. Now I’m thinking about the Korean chicken sandwich. I just ate dinner, but I could eat that sandwich right now.

Stop it. Now I’m thinking about the Korean chicken sandwich. I just ate dinner, but I could eat that sandwich right now.
Well, you could eat that sandwich but you won’t eat that sandwich because they just went on break as it was your turn to order.

If you get there at 11 you’ll guarantee yourself free parking and a nice buzz

No places to sit Fri night before game last time i was there when raining in Sept… soo prob 2pm Friday be good if they let ya stay and sleep in line for Sat AM be perfect and plenty blitzed for kickoff.
Same goes for Surly.

I’ve been there about a half dozen times. I haven’t been there lately though so someone may have more timely advice.

It always seems busy but I think you will find a place to sit at pretty much any time. However, outdoor seating isn’t an option in this weather so that will tighten things up a bit.

With some luck, perhaps you can try the Korean chicken if the people staffing that area don’t decide to walk away for one of their breaks at prime time. Their breaks are far more important to them than potential customers.
👍👍 On the Korean chicken. Fantastic. With the weather, I'm guess you can get there maybe 12:30 and be able to find a seat.

If I plan on going to Malcolm yards before the Iowa game, what time would any of you recommend showing up to be able to sit down? I've never been so please stop me if the sitting isn't something that is done there
We went once last year before a hockey game vs Wisconsin. Probably 2 hours early and we couldn't find a table. We walked back and forth for 10 minutes and never found a spot. Ended up just eating our food standing up.

We went once last year before a hockey game vs Wisconsin. Probably 2 hours early and we couldn't find a table. We walked back and forth for 10 minutes and never found a spot. Ended up just eating our food standing up.
I think the cold weather for the game will mean a smaller crowd there. Most football games I got there a couple hours before and found seats, including last Saturday. I can see with hockey (dinner crowd) how it would be more crowded.

Top Bottom