Malcolm Murray to OK State

GopherBeef

Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted already, but it looks like Malcolm Murray, the 4-star JC safety that we were after, committed and signed with Oklahoma State after visiting there this weekend.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/minnesota/football/recruiting/player-Malcolm-Murray-105317

By the looks of it, he and Herschel Thornton are pretty similar players. Both 6'2" 205-210 JC safeties. I think Murray has three years of eligibility left and would have been here for spring. Would have been a nice addition.

that is a loss, I think he would have been a lock starting at safety next year.

He definitely would have been in the mix. I don't think the Hershell Thornton commit is anywhere near equivelent to Malcolm Murray. The biggest issue is fact that Thornton won't be here until this summer and only has two years of eligibility left. In Thornton's highlights, he seemed unimpressive against the pass. Maybe that is a bad way to describe it, his highlight reel only contained one play of him making a play on a pass, and he is a safety.

I hope i'm wrong about Thornton, but I would have preferred Murray, by a mile.

who would be starting at safety if not Malcom Murray had he committed?

This is a bummer, would've liked to have him wearing the Maroon and Gold.

He definitely would have been in the mix. I don't think the Hershell Thornton commit is anywhere near equivelent to Malcolm Murray. The biggest issue is fact that Thornton won't be here until this summer and only has two years of eligibility left. In Thornton's highlights, he seemed unimpressive against the pass. Maybe that is a bad way to describe it, his highlight reel only contained one play of him making a play on a pass, and he is a safety.

I hope i'm wrong about Thornton, but I would have preferred Murray, by a mile.

Try his youtube video. I believe he intercepts a few passes toward the end.

that is a loss, I think he would have been a lock starting at safety next year.

Lot of people also thought Hayo Carpenter was a "lock" to start this year when he signed.

Top Bottom