Make It Happen, Ben!

Getting him could change the outlook substantially- assuming he is healthy.

I agree with you but, if he played that well in the combine mentioned, that may diminish our chances of getting him. This would be his fifth year and he may decide to try for a pro contract somewhere or just opt for a different school as I would guess that his options have expanded. I'm assuming he is healthy or he couldn't have played that well.

I have to imagine the best thing for his draft stock would be to come to MN, play 28 minutes per game, and show that he can hold up against the big boys in the B10. Hope we grab him -- he definitely brings something we lack.
Fingers crossed. I have to imagine his only option is an overseas contract right now and I wonder how the pandemic affected those teams and their financial state to make that a more attractive offer.

I suggest you do that. Be gone...
Love it. So what people can't be critical and/or pessimistic?? I've always backed the maroon and gold. I've spent more money in donations to the u than most. However my expectations in all facets of this program are tempered. But I should just leave...

Little news flash.. my opinion is different than yours, but it doesn't make it wrong and it doesn't make me any less of a fan. I'll still root for them to win every game, but I'm not expecting more than a handful.. it's something called reality

This dude ain’t comin here. We have our team aside from 1 kid from Gardner Webb. We held onto shitino for 3 years too long and handed a shovel to BJ and told him ‘dig yer way out.’ ‘Tough spot- but here is a million dollars to make u feel better.’

Doogie reporting steffon mitchell out, strong likelihood on manley per gopherhole twitter

Doogie reporting steffon mitchell out, strong likelihood on manley per gopherhole twitter
Bummer on Mitchell. I really like his diverse skill set. I think Manley is the bigger need for us right now though. I thought there was talk that a commit from Manley made it more likely Mitchell would come because he wouldn't have to play the 5.

“Per @DWolfsonKSTP, #Gophers are not optimistic they will land Steffon Mitchell, but if former North Carolina big man Sterling Manley returns to college, Minnesota likes their chances.”
that can’t be coming from Ben and his staff, right?

Bummer on Mitchell. I really like his diverse skill set. I think Manley is the bigger need for us right now though. I thought there was talk that a commit from Manley made it more likely Mitchell would come because he wouldn't have to play the 5.
That is what has been reported elsewhere. While Mitchell is a long shot right now, I don’t read that as they are definitely “out.”

If neither decide on coming to the U, and the way things have gone - it may be a good bet as a lot of things haven’t gone as planned, I wonder where they turn to get at least some size for next year. You just can’t trot out this lineup as is right now. Not into the Big Ten season.

Last edited:

Maybe Ben decides to watch Invincible for some inspiration for this season...

It is strange how in football we would lose our minds if his 1st year class was a group of
Monmouth University backups

It is strange how in football we would lose our minds if his 1st year class was a group of
Monmouth University backups
The subject of this thread is allegedly much more talented, still need a commitment. He would be a marquee player if he joined this team.

Getting Manley is supposed to help get Mitchell here too. Mitchell doesn't want to play center if he can avoid it, he wants to play the 4. Getting both is still a possibility.

Spaulding!No! Still pretending he has inside information! Sad!

Getting Manley is supposed to help get Mitchell here too. Mitchell doesn't want to play center if he can avoid it, he wants to play the 4. Getting both is still a possibility.

Well, yes, but so is getting neither. I suspect the coach has other possibilities lined up that may not be attractive but are at least serviceable.

Well, yes, but so is getting neither. I suspect the coach has other possibilities lined up that may not be attractive but are at least serviceable.
Is there a 3rd Konate brother who's in between the other two talent-wise?

Thursday, June 24th, and no true center on the team. I fully support Ben Johnson, but man I could use some positive news regarding some bigs choosing to join the Gopher nation.

Thursday, June 24th, and no true center on the team. I fully support Ben Johnson, but man I could use some positive news regarding some bigs choosing to join the Gopher nation.
How is Treyton Thompson not a center?

How is Treyton Thompson not a center?
a bit light yet, under 200lbs at 6'11". what was Jeff Hagen when he got thrown in to playing as a freshman, 250? I recall he did a surprisingly decent job, but he did have some weight to him

a bit light yet, under 200lbs at 6'11". what was Jeff Hagen when he got thrown in to playing as a freshman, 250? I recall he did a surprisingly decent job, but he did have some weight to him
If Thompson plays I can't imagine he'll be guarding any 4s.

Top Bottom