Major Disadvantage

GrayShouldPlayReceiver

Reaction score
Not that this is right, but college towns have such a huge advantage in covering up issues compared to the U. Montee Ball had issues in Madison a few years ago-basically swept under the rug. You darn well know the Iowa scandal among players a year or two ago would still be headlines in the Twin Cities. If the college in a college town has issues it is covered up for fear they all go down. Media members are afraid to ruffle feathers for fear nobody will give them a story. I bet Ohio state assigns a person to watch each of their players anytime they are out. I'm not saying any of this is right but the U might need to start babysitting much more.

Why not hire professional babysitters for the players? Movie stars have publicist and fixers.

With all the money coming in from the new B1G TV contracts, why not be proactive and protect the UofM brand? Don't you think it will be much cheaper than the ultimate costs of a full blown tsunami like the one occurring now?

Coach Claeys should also have a paid consultant to help polish his public persona.

Why not hire professional babysitters for the players? Movie stars have publicist and fixers.

With all the money coming in from the new B1G TV contracts, why not be proactive and protect the UofM brand? Don't you think it will be much cheaper than the ultimate costs of a full blown tsunami like the one occurring now?

Coach Claeys should also have a paid consultant to help polish his public persona.

I agree- it really is all about branding. Discipline can be handled in private. And claeys needs work...he needs to get limegrover's personal trainer.

The grad assistants already do a lot of checking in on players, but they are not stopping by dorm rooms or apartments at midnight.

We all know about Dr. Jekyll. It is Mr. Hyde that we have to worry about past the stroke of midnight.

Top Bottom