Madison Guard Nimrod Hilliard calls Minnesota his "dream school"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from Monter:

Nimrod Hilliard IV may not sound like the name of a standout guard. Heck, he doesn’t even pass the look test with his goggles and thin frame. However, the 5-11 point from Madison (WI) East has continued to prove the critics wrong with his strong play this spring.

Nimrod Hilliard IV averaged 16.5 points per game for Madison East, which finished 15-3 in the Big Eight Conference and were 20-4 overall.

“I want to go to Minnesota, my dream school," Hilliard said. "They are looking at me. I guess Purdue is looking at me. North Dakota State, South Dakota. A lot of the mid major programs like Wisconsin Green Bay, Detroit. I have a lot of them. I just need to get my weight up, so I can get a high major D1.”

http://minnesota.scout.com/2/968136.html

Go Gophers!!

How do I know how to respond without knowing how many stars he's been given? :eek:

If anyone wants to see for themselves, he's expected at Bloomington Jefferson this weekend for several games, along with at least one teammate Minnesota has had an interest in. He was also here two weeks ago for the Pump N Run tourney and got all tourney team honors playing for NESYB (fka Badger Sporting Goods).

I cheered hard against him whenever Madison East took on Madison Memorial, but other than that he's hard not to cheer for. Reminds me of some people from back in the day and is a fun guy to watch.. but, overall,... physically isn't going to be big enough.

Lots of heart, lots of skill. Could have some solid success at a mid-major program.

I'm rarely negative about our recruiting... but please no on this one.

Nimrod

Nimrod, Maverick, and Oto!

I am loving this!

:D

A backcourt of Maverick and Nimrod would be the oddest combo since the Miami Heat had Bimbo Coles and Sasha Danilovic. Sasha and Bimbo just isn't a duo that strikes fear in the heart of the enemy.

5'11'', 155 lbs, goggles, 0 stars, competing against Wisconsin-Green Bay, South Dakota, and Detroit for his services...sign him up.*

*Sorry for the sarcasm...I've just been a bit frustrated with our recent classes and the lack of high major signees lately...

P.S. Before FoT drops on by defending the recent signees, I'll save you the trouble:

No; I don't consider Walker, Eliason, Hollins, Oto, or Maverick one of the "underevaluated diamonds in the rough" that were similar to Mr. All-American Kentucky Wildcat that went on to a 10 year NBA career who was inducted into the Hall of Fame after every D1 coach in America missed out on seeing him play in Small Town, Midwest State in 1999.

I doubt we end up getting this guy. Maybe that's wishful thinking though. The only recruit I'm not really excited about is Eliason. Now that we signed Walker I kind of wish we hadn't signed Eliason. I'm probably going to get crap for saying that...

5'11'', 155 lbs, goggles, 0 stars, competing against Wisconsin-Green Bay, South Dakota, and Detroit for his services...sign him up.*

*Sorry for the sarcasm...I've just been a bit frustrated with our recent classes and the lack of high major signees lately...

P.S. Before FoT drops on by defending the recent signees, I'll save you the trouble:

No; I don't consider Walker, Eliason, Hollins, Oto, or Maverick one of the "underevaluated diamonds in the rough" that were similar to Mr. All-American Kentucky Wildcat that went on to a 10 year NBA career who was inducted into the Hall of Fame after every D1 coach in America missed out on seeing him play in Small Town, Midwest State in 1999.

Top Bottom