Made Me Smile...

SMU GOPHS FAN

Reaction score
So I was out walkng my dog Sunday afternoon and along the walk I could see a boy and his grandpa throwing a football around. As I got closer I saw the boy was wearing a Gopher helmet and jersey and the grandpa was completely decked out in Gopher gear. I couldn't help but smile.

Need that younger generation...

to pickup the interest. we get one banner year and I think the worm will turn.

I just liked the fact the kid was wearing Gopher gear and not purple. It just made my day.

why cant he be a fan of both the gophers and vikes?.. there should be no competition between the two

why cant he be a fan of both the gophers and vikes?.. there should be no competition between the two

You're right, there shouldn't be. But because the coverage of the Vikings trumping the Gophers' coverage, and the more recent 'success' that Vikes have had when compared to the Gophs, it's more than often we see kids in purple over maroon and gold. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just a thing. It's still a good thing for the state and the program to have more kids pretending to be a Gopher rather than a Viking. The NFL is a business.. and as of right now, the UofM and NCAA is a athletic program in collegiate academics.

Top Bottom