Mad as Hell.... The Souhan Fallout

g1976b

Reaction score
I've had enough. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the hack pieces coming out of the local papers, blogs and radio stations. This market is absolutely unbelievable. There are many, but Souhan and Reusse have been leading the charge for a long, long time.

So it's time to put our heads together and actually DO something about it.

I know there are plenty of nay-sayers who will spout off about how it won't do any good anyway. Duly noted. No need to post with that opinion. You're probably right but I'm tired of hearing it.

We've put up with so much from our "journalists" in this market. They're obviously entitled to their opinions, but this isn't just opinion pieces or columns anymore. They're hack jobs.

I am one of Souhan's "poor unfortunate souls" who buys tickets (several season tickets) to TCF Bank Stadium, and I am not disgusted by a "middle-aged man writhing on the ground". Perhaps there are still those who believe in eugenics. Sadly, Souhan's article reads like a piece that would've fit in very well at that disturbing time in history.

It's time for things to change. We deserve better.

Here are a few ideas for starters:

1. Don't click on links to their stories. Just don't. People often copy articles and post them on blogs like this so you can still read it if you feel the need, but they won't get the clicks. Clicks = advertising revenue. If clicks go down, management is less likely to put up with it.

2. Write Star Tribune management. If they hear that their customers are pissed off, they're more likely to listen. Be respectful, but direct.

3. If you really want to hurt them, cancel your subscription. If you do, be sure to explain exactly WHY you're canceling. Again, if it costs them money, they'll likely either remove the problem or not allow those kind of articles to be published.

4. Personally, I listen to Judd & Dubay on 1500ESPN. They're on from 9am-1pm. I listen from 9am-noon. Jim Souhan joins the show from noon-1pm, and Reusse's show is in the afternoon as well.

Anyone have other ideas? I know our influence is limited, but we still deserve to have our voices heard.

I'm with you. But what can we possibly do? I don't read their articles except for on here. Though one idea would be to post whole articles instead of blurbs. Maybe we should mail them things that remind us of them. Such as rotted food or soiled underwear. Just a thought.

Email Strib management. Better: email Strib advertisers and tell them why you won't be buying their product.

I just sent the Strib a scathing email. Probably won't do anything, but it felt good.

I just sent the Strib a scathing email. Probably won't do anything, but it felt good.

That's pretty much where I'm at with it all. I'll do my part, and I sent emails to the powers that be at the Strib, but I know there's not much likely to come of it all. Still makes me feel better. At least I feel like I did what I could to stand up against $(&*% like Souhan.

Hit the national media outlets and blogs: ESPN, CNN, etc. This is a case that is so outrageous that shaming the reputation of the Strib nationally is warranted. Hopefully convinces them to do the right thing.

Show the world that we're proud of Kill and his story of success and perseverance.

I've had enough. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of the hack pieces coming out of the local papers, blogs and radio stations. This market is absolutely unbelievable. There are many, but Souhan and Reusse have been leading the charge for a long, long time.

So it's time to put our heads together and actually DO something about it.

I know there are plenty of nay-sayers who will spout off about how it won't do any good anyway. Duly noted. No need to post with that opinion. You're probably right but I'm tired of hearing it.

We've put up with so much from our "journalists" in this market. They're obviously entitled to their opinions, but this isn't just opinion pieces or columns anymore. They're hack jobs.

I am one of Souhan's "poor unfortunate souls" who buys tickets (several season tickets) to TCF Bank Stadium, and I am not disgusted by a "middle-aged man writhing on the ground". Perhaps there are still those who believe in eugenics. Sadly, Souhan's article reads like a piece that would've fit in very well at that disturbing time in history.

It's time for things to change. We deserve better.

Here are a few ideas for starters:

1. Don't click on links to their stories. Just don't. People often copy articles and post them on blogs like this so you can still read it if you feel the need, but they won't get the clicks. Clicks = advertising revenue. If clicks go down, management is less likely to put up with it.

2. Write Star Tribune management. If they hear that their customers are pissed off, they're more likely to listen. Be respectful, but direct.

3. If you really want to hurt them, cancel your subscription. If you do, be sure to explain exactly WHY you're canceling. Again, if it costs them money, they'll likely either remove the problem or not allow those kind of articles to be published.

4. Personally, I listen to Judd & Dubay on 1500ESPN. They're on from 9am-1pm. I listen from 9am-noon. Jim Souhan joins the show from noon-1pm, and Reusse's show is in the afternoon as well.

Anyone have other ideas? I know our influence is limited, but we still deserve to have our voices heard.

#1 is easy and we should all avoid giving them clicks. I cannot remember the last time I clicked on one of their articles? It has been at least a couple of years. I also make a point never to buy a hard copy of the Strib. It may not be enough but it is a start. I'm convinced that Fatrick and Soupcan appeal to miserable souls who hate their lot in life and unfortunately there must be al lot of them but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to buy their crap.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom