Mace/Hammer carried out of tunnel during pre-game

I think it is a brick. The brick that builds the foundation to a successful program. The brick that is the building block to the team. They put an American flag sticker on it and a 51 on the handle. This is my thought and not fact, would love to know what it is.

Its a big sledgehammer. They brought it out at UNLV and last week as well. Not exactly sure of the symbolism though.

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

A3A7wh1CUAAqxUD.jpg

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

good catch. I didnt noticed this at the game. I like the Thor reference better, but heres a wiki definition of 'Sisu"

per Wikipedia: ”Sisu is a Finnish term loosely translated into English as strength of will, determination, perseverance, and acting rationally in the face of adversity. The literal meaning is equivalent in English to ‘having guts’ and the word derives from sisus, which means something inner or interior. However sisu is defined by a long-term element in it; it is not momentary courage, but the ability to sustain an action against the odds. Deciding on a course of action and then sticking to that decision against repeated failures is sisu.”

They better protect that thing when they go on the road during the B1G season. The war hammer would make a pretty sweet trophy if it were to accidentally be left behind (like the Jug) or somehow go missing (like the Slab of Bacon).

I don't think that would happen in today's world of college football, but you'd be surprised with some of the things Universities just leave lying out in the open, or how many equipment trucks accidentally get left unlocked. Just sayin'

Service Intervention Sociale Urgente, a psychosocial emergency assistance service of the Belgian Red Cross

Yeah, I actually noticed this at the game, but didn't think much of it afterwards.. But I do like the SISU meaning. Exactly what our team needs, IMO.

That is awesome. There was a thread about the team having workout tshirts with sisu on them a few months ago as well.

Top Bottom