MAC Title NIU vs Ohio

Reaction score
Nice little preview of what our offense might look like in years to come (with the exception of the constant turnovers hopefully :rolleyes:). This is basically Kill's team in action. Entertaining game so far.

Nice come back from NIU. I wonder how Harnish would have looked running the Gophers offense.

Nice comeback NIU! Hopefully some of that will be installed in our players the next couple of years!

Nice comeback NIU! Hopefully some of that will be installed in our players the next couple of years!
I agree except for the missed extra point that made the field goal as time expired necessary.

Nice little preview of what our offense might look like in years to come (with the exception of the constant turnovers hopefully :rolleyes:). This is basically Kill's team in action. Entertaining game so far.
Not really? Maybe personnel wise but they do have a new coach.

That was my thought as well. I would assume with a new head coach and new offensive coordinator that the offense would be different then the one Kill/Limegrover was running during his time there. About the only takeaway from that game is the type of player that Kill liked to recruit.

About the only takeaway from that game is the type of player that Kill liked to recruit.

Most of NIU's offensive starters -- Harnish, Nathan Palmer, 4/5 of the OL -- are actually old Novak holdovers.

Congrats to Dave Doeren and NIU. Obviously them winning the MAC championship shows that Kill did a great job continuing to build that program. I'm sure JK is very happy for the kids he recruited to NIU.

I thought their offense looked very similar to what the Gophers run. It would be have been foolish to change it when they had a talent like Chandler Harnish at QB. Harnish was named MAC Player of the Year by the way.

Top Bottom