Lutefisk VS Grilled Salmon

HitMeAgainIAmStillMoving

Reaction score
Another poster suggested this idea, I am just running with it. If PJ is Grilled Salmon, who is Lutefisk? Of the three front runners, Salem (close to Salmon but no points for that), Wacker, and Brewster, who do you pick? I am torn. Brewster had being a total fool as a head coach going for him but Wacker had catch phrases that make CCO cringe. Salem was able to take a good program and nose dive it.

My Lutefisk Chili is soo hot right now! Bring me some dad gum football!!!

Both are fish, so are equally likely to make me hurl.?

Gotta go with Joe Salem. He arrived in Minnesota as an average piece of fish. He was firm and held some promise with a new Run and Shoot offense and a young and smart offensive coordinator in Mike Shanahan.

Then his bosses began sprinkling lye on him by not allowing him to pay Mike enough to keep him from bolting to Florida, nor to upgrade the dismal facilities to attract better players.

As the losing seasons mounted, more lye was sprinkled on the program to justify closing Memorial Stadium and save money by moving off campus to the newly constructed Metrodome.

By year five, all the lye had turned Salem and his team into a gelatinous, lutefisk like mess with very little resistance for the competition. Their opponents combined for 518 points in 11 games (47.1 ppg).

It took Smokey Joe thirteen years to wash all the lye off so he could firm up and coach college football again.

Actually, of all recent Gopher Coaches, Kill or Claeys are the two guys I could see actually attending a Lutefisk supper - in the basement of the Lutheran Church, of course.

They might even stick around after supper to play bingo.

Actually, of all recent Gopher Coaches, Kill or Claeys are the two guys I could see actually attending a Lutefisk supper - in the basement of the Lutheran Church, of course.

Having attended such church basement nightmares I agree. I still get a gag reflex thinking about the smell n the jello like consistency of this fine Norwegian dish.

Salem for the 84-13 drubbing by Nebraska in 1983 alone. That still hurts to this day.

I'd eat Salmon or Ludefisk. Just make sure there are no bones to choke on, and cold brewski to warsh then down with. ?

Oh wait! I can't drink anymore. ☹

I don't know.

Those choppers and that grin with one former coach certainly got some people's goats...

Hand smoked salmon? Or electronic?

Perhaps have a beer or two with fans. I know Lutheran, but perhaps it was shared with the Catholics.

Top Bottom