Lunardi's June 1 Bracketology has Gophers as #4 seed

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/336

Gophers are the 2nd best seed among 7 B1G teams in his Field of 68.

Gophers' non-conference schedule shaping up nicely so far:

Providence a projected #9 seed
Alabama a projected #10 seed
Arkansas a projected #11 seed (last 4 in)

With the B1G-ACC Challenge pairings expected to be announced today or tomorrow, here's how Joey Brackets currently sees those conferences.

8 bids for ACC:
#1 Duke
#2 Louisville
#3 North Carolina
#3 Notre Dame
#6 Florida State
#6 Miami
#8 Virginia
#8 Virginia Tech
Clemson (first 4 out)
Wake Forest (first 4 out)
Georgia Tech (next 4 out)

7 bids for B1G:
#2 Michigan State
#4 Minnesota
#7 Michigan
#7 Northwestern
#7 Purdue
#8 Wisconsin
#11 Maryland (last 4 in)

Really surprised Iowa nowhere to be found. Currently I have 6 of the same B1G teams in the field, the exception being Hawkeyes in place of Badgers. Purdue and Maryland both being undersold.

Seeing MSU as the worst #2 seed playing the #1 overall seed is surprising.

With the B1G-ACC Challenge pairings expected to be announced today or tomorrow, here's how Joey Brackets currently sees those conferences.

8 bids for ACC:
#1 Duke
#2 Louisville
#3 North Carolina
#3 Notre Dame
#6 Florida State
#6 Miami
#8 Virginia
#8 Virginia Tech
Clemson (first 4 out)

7 bids for B1G:
#2 Michigan State
#4 Minnesota
#7 Michigan
#7 Northwestern
#7 Purdue
#8 Wisconsin
#11 Maryland (last 4 in)

Really surprised Iowa nowhere to be found. Currently I have 6 of the same B1G teams in the field, the exception being Hawkeyes in place of Badgers. Purdue and Maryland both being undersold.

I agree that Purdue and Maryland are being undersold. Purdue I think is a 5 or 6 and Maryland brings everyone but Trimble back and adds a nice recruiting class. I think they're a 4 or 5. Sconnie until guys like Iverson and Trice can prove themselves are a bubble team. I think Iowa and Penn State will compete with Sconnie for the 7-9 spots in the league. One thing to know about Iowa is Fran's kid is redshirting next year to focus on baseball so who knows what his basketball future looks like

8 bids for ACC:
#1 Duke
#2 Louisville
#3 North Carolina
#3 Notre Dame
#6 Florida State
#6 Miami
#8 Virginia
#8 Virginia Tech
Clemson (first 4 out)

7 bids for B1G:
#2 Michigan State
#4 Minnesota
#7 Michigan
#7 Northwestern
#7 Purdue
#8 Wisconsin
#11 Maryland (last 4 in)

No Badgers in the tournament? Didn't you say last time when you doubted the Badgers, never again?[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well I'll definitely eat my words if the Badgers are more than a bubble team. Giving them respect to their system I think they can sneak in. Happ is a stud and I think Iverson will step up, but the rest of the roster leaves a lot to be desired for next year, but a nice nucleus for future years. Very good recruiting class but I have my doubts about any of those guys being ready to start next year, Trice has a lot of questions to answer to at the PG spot. I think they start slow and come in hot in February to sneak into the dance, so hopefully our one meeting in Madison is in December. I think the big ten gets eight teams in this year.

Top Bottom