Lunardi Updated Bracket: Gophers 11 seed

Yikes. Still in the building, but don't look down if you're afraid of heights. MSU is almost a must-win I'd say.

I'm thinking they're all must wins at this point.

I'm thinking they're all must wins at this point.

No. I feel good about the chances at 9-9. But I don't like the odds of them winning 3 in a row at this point. So let's beat MSU and leave the last bullet for another day.

I tend to be fairly optimistic but I don't see us winning at Northwestern and I think it will be a miracle if we can beat Michigan State.

If we win 3 of the next 4 I think were fine, but if not we'll probably have to do something in the Big Ten Tournament to be safe.

To be "safe" I think Gophers need 22 W by March 13th. They MAY get in with 20 or 21 W but not safe.

Agree to disagree. If they get to 21 wins I'll consider them safe. Doesn't mean I think they'll have a high seed, but I think they'll be safe to simply be selected. 20 wins and they might still have a good chance. We're already projected to get in as it is. I know you're not going to budge with your opinion, but I'm not going to change mine either so don't even bother trying to argue it.

Although I am not happy about us dropping, that spot in the bracket is about the best a team could possibly hope for at a #11. With a healthy Nolen that is an area from which we could make a run....

Minnesota will make the tourney at 8-10 if they win 2 big ten tourney games.

Top Bottom