Luke Ryerse Commit

Punter and pitcher it looks like.

I look forward to all his flying Gopher balls. But hopefully not the other gopher balls. RTB! Poached a Bama commit!

Love this. I hope he is a real difference maker in the punt game.

I am so stoked about this. Honestly though, this is a game changer for baseball. Ryerse is the best hitter in Minnesota and top 3-5 pitcher when healthy. East Ridge does not win last 2 state championships without him. He's legit MLB prospect.

Was committed to Alabama in both sports.
Bama and LSU were both offering him a chance to play both. I'm sure he could have gone just about anywhere for baseball. As evidenced by his statement, he wants to pitch for baseball, but he will likely DH when it isn't his turn to pitch. His bat is just too valuable. He was Star Tribune POY as a sophomore. The beauty of this is his scholarship will count towards football, not baseball, and baseball scholarships are so limited. Really helps open thing up for what they can offer others.

Bama and LSU were both offering him a chance to play both. I'm sure he could have gone just about anywhere for baseball. As evidenced by his statement, he wants to pitch for baseball, but he will likely DH when it isn't his turn to pitch. His bat is just too valuable. He was Star Tribune POY as a sophomore. The beauty of this is his scholarship will count towards football, not baseball, and baseball scholarships are so limited. Really helps open thing up for what they can offer others.
Looks like that’s changing. Immensely. Roster size cut and scholarships ramped up.

Amazing get. On a pitching staff at East Ridge that had 2 other SEC baseball recruits I thought he was the most complete pitcher. Even without the value add to our baseball team (which is immense) as a punter he is easily top 5 in the nation if not the best. Great get!!

Amazing get. On a pitching staff at East Ridge that had 2 other SEC baseball recruits I thought he was the most complete pitcher. Even without the value add to our baseball team (which is immense) as a punter he is easily top 5 in the nation if not the best. Great get!!
I think Arlich is better as a pitcher but in 23 when the both threw it was dang close. Razor thin. I'd take him over Reigert though, no doubt.

He hardly pitched in the HS season this spring. Does anybody know if it was an arm issue, or some other injury?

I was at a four-way scrimmage involving East Ridge last football season and they let him do some punting, which isn't usually a part of those scrimmages, and it was immediately obvious he's nothing like most high school punters. One very long and high spiral, followed by two perfectly placed end-over-end punts.

How big a trend is it for most in-state and regional kids to commit to the Gophers when offered?

Top Bottom