Luke Loewe thread

Stan

Reaction score
This guy looked like he didn’t belong on team at beginning of the season, he’s arguably been our best player the last month. He’s gritty, he’s been scoring, he does the little things and he’s really picked up his play. Great development this season.

Good shooting and getting his hands in the passing lanes on D. Let's win some more games to close out this season!

At 1 point in the game there was a comment about him being close to 1,000 career points. That in itself is a hell of an achievement. I couldn't find anything more than season stats in a quick search to see where he is in career points, but whatever it is, that's something to be very proud of.

At 1 point in the game there was a comment about him being close to 1,000 career points. That in itself is a hell of an achievement. I couldn't find anything more than season stats in a quick search to see where he is in career points, but whatever it is, that's something to be very proud of.
I believe both Willis and Battle reached 1,000 career points this year.

This guy looked like he didn’t belong on team at beginning of the season, he’s arguably been our best player the last month. He’s gritty, he’s been scoring, he does the little things and he’s really picked up his play. Great development this season.
Yes. Some guys take some time to get truly comfortable in the situation. Seems like that is the case here. The hard part as a coach is waiting for that comfort to come around. You usually see it when a teammate is injured, and that player gets a chance to step up And runs with it. A classic example of this is Bledsoe/ Brady.

I certainly appreciate what Loewe has brought to the program. He's been fun to watch. Definitely a guy you can root for.

and if he ever has some leftover fish sitting around, I'd be glad to take a few off his hands. (providing I can find someone to clean and fillet them for me......)

The bonus year makes it a little easier to reach milestones like this but still an impressive accomplishment and a sign of a very productive college basketball career.

The bonus year makes it a little easier to reach milestones like this but still an impressive accomplishment and a sign of a very productive college basketball career.
True, and happy for them..

In 5 full seasons you’d play around 150 games. Looks like he didn’t play much as a freshman and his final year at W&M was only 17 games. So quite impressive.

He does? What an interesting factoid.

well, that is what sports broadcasting has become. if you are not really familiar with a team, or don't want to do the homework to be better informed, you go into each game with a couple of bullet points about each player and just keep repeating them.

"Willis has played for 3 different programs."
"Curry has had a lot of injuries."
"Loewe likes to fish."

Of course, no one has elevated this to a science quite like Dave Lee at the MN State Boys and Girls Basketball tournaments.

Loewe has been terrific. Been playing like a B1G contributor. Used to look like he didn't belong. Now he does. So happy for him.

He's been so steady defensively all year and he's a way more capable scorer than we realized early on. I wish we had him back next year.

You forgot Gym 🐀

Loewe has been terrific. Been playing like a B1G contributor. Used to look like he didn't belong. Now he does. So happy for him.
I have always felt like he belonged at this level. He is streaky with his shooting and has had a few multi game stretches where he just couldn't get anything to fall. But he has been a solid contributor for the most part all season.

Not a star by any means but a good solid all around player.

Yah,Theirs a period of adjustment to figure things out, he's a smart guy ,and he's figured out how its done in the Big Ten,some never figure it out. Now he's a player.
Great job Luke

Methinks he may have played himself into some Euro league cash

would be a perfect fit for a Scandinavian team - like a Norse God his returning home.

Pretty much anywhere that touches the North Sea and a large portion of the Baltic.

Top Bottom