LSU holding unexpected press conference before practice; something big?

Gopher07

Captain of Awesome
Reaction score
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...e-today?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

BATON ROUGE - There is likely to be a significant announcement concerning the LSU football team at noon today.

LSU athletic department officials have been letting every media member they can contact this morning know that a previously routine press conference with coach Les Miles scheduled for 6:15 p.m. has been moved up to noon today, and they are informing reporters that they need to be there.

Should be interesting to see what's up...

Word is, a second failed drug test by Honey Badger.

Nobody will take this news harder than Verne Lundquist.

Honey Badger kicked off the team for "violation of team policy."

Bielema found his next free agent target. Odds that Honey Badger ends up a Wisconsin Badger?

I'm guessing Mathieu ends up going Juco so he doesn't have to sit out a year. He'll probably still be a top-3-round pick coming out after this season.

I'm guessing Mathieu ends up going Juco so he doesn't have to sit out a year. He'll probably still be a top-3-round pick coming out after this season.

I have my doubts on his draft status. I think he'll be a post 3rd round pick after this season or next. He needs to work on his true cover skills. The backside blitzes on every other down may look pretty on a highlight film, but the NFL is much different. I just read an ESPN article that says Mathieu wouldn't even be a top 4 corner in the B1G. http://espn.go.com/college-football...-well-known-phenom-limits-media-espn-magazine

Bielema found his next free agent target. Odds that Honey Badger ends up a Wisconsin Badger?

1%

If I were him, transfer to a FCS school and then declare for the NFL draft after next year. Someone will take a chance on him.

Juco - why would he go Juco? I would bet he is another Janoris Jenkins and makes his way to North Alabama or somewhere like that.

Juco - why would he go Juco? I would bet he is another Janoris Jenkins and makes his way to North Alabama or somewhere like that.

Guess I should've said Juco or FCS. Forgot you can transfer to FCS w/o penalty

I'm hoping this is starting a trend of the SEC actually working to clean up their programs...

It sounds to me like Honey Badger now is both physically and socially ready for the NFL. He'll fit right in.

I think he's wrong because it sounds like Honey Badger failed his own team's tests. If that's the case, I am almost certain that he can transfer to an NCAA school.

Top 3 pick? I am not sure the Honey Badger has a shot at being a first rounder. At best he would be a pick in the 20's. He wasnt the best CB on his team last season. Not to many NFL teams are looking to use first round draft picks on CB's under 5'9".

Top 3 pick? I am not sure the Honey Badger has a shot at being a first rounder. At best he would be a pick in the 20's. He wasnt the best CB on his team last season. Not to many NFL teams are looking to use first round draft picks on CB's under 5'9".

Not top 3 pick. Top 3 rounds pick is what someone said earlier.

Splendor_in_the_Grass.gif

I know people love ripping on the SEC every chance they get, but I got to give it to Coach Miles and LSU for booting him off the team. I don't think many programs in the country would boot a Heisman Trophy finalist off their team in mid-August.

I know people love ripping on the SEC every chance they get, but I got to give it to Coach Miles and LSU for booting him off the team. I don't think many programs in the country would boot a Heisman Trophy finalist off their team in mid-August.

I thought I heard that Coach Miles said that he knew Mathieu and his family and thought the world of him and belived him when he said that he didn't stick a needle in his arm.

Breakin' The Plane said:
I thought I heard that Coach Miles said that he knew Mathieu and his family and thought the world of him and belived him when he said that he didn't stick a needle in his arm.

FYI Coach Miles.....Smackheads tend to lie.

Big Daddy Lipscomb was NFL pro-bowler and heroin addict at the same time.

Top Bottom