LSU explored adding a game for week 0 at the last minute to let star serve suspension

Is it still common in HS sports if your star football or baseball player gets an underage drinking suspension to have them sign up for some BS offseason sport just to serve the suspension?

Is it still common in HS sports if your star football or baseball player gets an underage drinking suspension to have them sign up for some BS offseason sport just to serve the suspension?
This was a long time ago but at my HS they would make it so the suspension had to be for the next sport that they had previously played. Just so people couldn't do that.

I went back out for basketball my senior year to protect myself if I got busted at a party before baseball. 2 days after basketball ended, we were at a house party that got busted out in the sticks. One of my buddies who was not drinking and not in sports ran out the front door and yelled EVERYBODY RUN so all of the cops surrounding the house assumed kids were running out the front door and went to the front. The second we saw the last cop run around the house, every kid at the party ran out the back and into the woods. I almost wasted 5 months of running and sitting on the bench only to get busted right after.

Top Bottom