LSU #1 playing at home

Reaction score
The whole CFP is somewhat of a joke, beauty contest.

They took care of business all year. Playoff locations are set years ahead of time. What's the problem?
If you are skeptical of meddling, having the SEC team play in Atlanta would be a preference for many.

If OSU was #1 seed, they would have choice on bowl game and could have selected Atlanta, forcing Clemson and LSU both West. Neither bowl wanted that, nor the committee, nor Clemson or LSU.

Atlanta is the hub of the Southeast, so already a large number of other team fans in Atlanta (Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc.). (it's like WI fans in MN).

Okay, so I exaggerated.
6.5-7 hour drive at regular speeds, but the south is NASCAR country.

Lot of LSU grads in Atlanta probably.

Okay, so I exaggerated.
6.5-7 hour drive at regular speeds, but the south is NASCAR country.

Lot of LSU grads in Atlanta probably.
Could be true and it definitely is SE area. But would OSU really have a preference of playing there? I would think they’d rather play Clemson out west instead of in Atlanta

Could be true and it definitely is SE area. But would OSU really have a preference of playing there? I would think they’d rather play Clemson out west instead of in Atlanta
If OSU had the #1, they would be playing OU. In that scenario, OSU would choose Atlanta. Would have forced both southeast teams to travel west then travel back.

It would have been a good plan, but committee wasn't going to allow that it appears.
But yes, since they drew Clemson, going out West is probably better considering their confirmed opponent in Clemson.

Jay, are you off your meds? None of your posts lately have made any sense. Saying that LSU playing in Atlanta is a "home game" is like saying that us playing in Indianapolis against OSU would've been a "home game."

National championship game is in new orleans

If you are skeptical of meddling, having the SEC team play in Atlanta would be a preference for many.

If OSU was #1 seed, they would have choice on bowl game and could have selected Atlanta, forcing Clemson and LSU both West. Neither bowl wanted that, nor the committee, nor Clemson or LSU.

Atlanta is the hub of the Southeast, so already a large number of other team fans in Atlanta (Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc.). (it's like WI fans in MN).
You are right about Atlanta. It virtually has 3 downtown's and is growing like crazy.

You are right about Atlanta. It virtually has 3 downtown's

sort of like the old saying about having 3 quarterbacks.

The OP might not have meant it, but -- eventually -- it'd be nice to vary the sites of the CFP locations. If we are truly out of the bowl game era, fine. Seattle, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, etc, can all host.

Jay, are you off your meds? None of your posts lately have made any sense. Saying that LSU playing in Atlanta is a "home game" is like saying that us playing in Indianapolis against OSU would've been a "home game."
I think it would be more like Wisconsin or Iowa playing at US Bank stadium against Oklahoma. MN would seem like a home game to Iowa or WI in this regard because their graduates come here for jobs.

Good grief, get over being butt hurt by the CFP dropping MN after losing to WI.
The whole sports and media world are not in a criminal conspiracy to belittle and defraud MN.
Enjoy the season and for the first time since the last ice age going to a decent bowl with a name opponent.

The whole sports and media world are not in a criminal conspiracy to belittle and defraud MN.
Enjoy the season and for the first time since the last ice age going to a decent bowl with a name opponent.
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?

If you're OSU, would you rather play Clemson or OK? I'd choose Clemson.

Hopefully someone starts you on meds.

I doubt there’s really that many LSU grads in Atlanta. Louisiana is far more connected to Houston. Sure grads from a lot of SEC schools like Bama and Auburn flock to Atlanta for jobs but I don’t think that holds as true for LSU. Should be pretty even turnout at this game.

Top Bottom