Love 3 on 3 OT

gopherlaney

Reaction score
Not only will Gophers have an advantage now in OT due to high end skill players, it will be electric to watch.

Not only will Gophers have an advantage now in OT due to high end skill players, it will be electric to watch.
For post-Season especially the NCAA is it still 5 on 5?

For post-Season especially the NCAA is it still 5 on 5?
Yes postseason still uses 5 on 5. 3 on 3 is a joke, and so are shootouts.
That said I’m happy it worked to our advantage last night.

Yes postseason still uses 5 on 5. 3 on 3 is a joke, and so are shootouts.
That said I’m happy it worked to our advantage last night.
I've grown to grudgingly accept 3x3 (or 4x4) as a way to determine outcomes of regular season games (both NHL/NCAA-Big 10). It's exciting and at least still not completely different from how regulation is played.

Shoot outs/penalty kicks are just flat out silly. I'd rather have it be deemed a tie and be done with it.

I've grown to grudgingly accept 3x3 (or 4x4) as a way to determine outcomes of regular season games (both NHL/NCAA-Big 10). It's exciting and at least still not completely different from how regulation is played.

Shoot outs/penalty kicks are just flat out silly. I'd rather have it be deemed a tie and be done with it.
I don’t know when it was determined that hockey games ending in a tie is some sort of abomination, but here we are I guess.

3 on 3 should come after a 5 minute 5 on 5. No shootouts.

3 on 3 should be a win against most teams with less skill other than maybe Michigan, IF the right guys are out there. Let's just say guys that should not have been out there were tonight and look what happened.

Top Bottom