Louisville Goes Up By Two Touchdowns

Iceland12

Reaction score
Fullback caught a pass at the line of scrimmage and took it 24 yards into the End Zone. He got there by bulldozing a D-Back in front of him. We need to get one of those guys for the Gophers!

(Review marked it one the 1-foot line then they ran it in.)

There were a lot of Cardinal fans grumbling after two consecutive 7-6 seasons including "Papa John". Bet they're smiling now!

Hope Jerry Kill makes people quit wondering if Charlie Strong could have gotten those Thirty-Four (!) Florida Players to play for him in Minnesota.. :eek:

But the SEC is so much better than any other college conference!!!!!!

About to get ugly. Florida gets a player kicked out for punching an opposing player...what a novel idea.

SEC sucks and is overrated. I wish the B1G wasnt down because Michigan and Nebraska should have won those games. I hope Oklahoma embarrasses A&M and Notre Dame Smashes Bama. Maybe then ESPN will stop promoting SEC so much.

IMHO Sean McDonough is very good. As a Syracuse grad I wish that the would temper his Big East slant a bit.

IMHO Sean McDonough is very good. As a Syracuse grad I wish that the would temper his Big East slant a bit.

Sean McDonough is my favorite play by play announcer. Has been for quite some time.

SEC sucks and is overrated. I wish the B1G wasnt down because Michigan and Nebraska should have won those games. I hope Oklahoma embarrasses A&M and Notre Dame Smashes Bama. Maybe then ESPN will stop promoting SEC so much.

I'm with you. And Michigan should not have lost. Although I must say the TFL / Fumble / recovery by Clowney was one of the most amazing football plays I've ever seen. He says he can win the Heisman and I believe him.

http://youtu.be/ENuZHnQlqX0

@jonsol: Sugar Bowl announced crowd of 54,178 is the game's worst since 1939 and smallest ever for a BCS bowl.

Go Gophers!!

Last night they said Louisville sold 12000 tickets and Florida only sold around 7500 of both school's 17500 allotment. I know Florida was disapionted they missed the SEC championship and a shot at the national title but this still surpised me consider all we get told is how great and proud the SEC is, and how the Big East is falling apart and nobody cares.

BTW big East is 3-1 in Bowl Season only loss coming from Rutgers in an OT lose to VATech the game before Gophers and TT.

Last night they said Louisville sold 12000 tickets and Florida only sold around 7500 of both school's 17500 allotment. I know Florida was disapionted they missed the SEC championship and a shot at the national title but this still surpised me consider all we get told is how great and proud the SEC is, and how the Big East is falling apart and nobody cares.

BTW big East is 3-1 in Bowl Season only loss coming from Rutgers in an OT lose to VATech the game before Gophers and TT.

The bittersweet part for Big East fans is that Syracuse, Louisville, Pittsburgh and Rutgers are all leaving. Wonder if they were cheering for these teams to win or get crushed?

Just thank god that Florida isn't playing Alabama in the BCS title game.

Last night's beatdown is good evidence that a conference shouldn't have both teams in the title game. Notre Dame loses to Bosotn College (missed field goal in OT) and that Florida team is playing for the National Championship (I think- I am not as BCS literate as some).

Just thank god that Florida isn't playing Alabama in the BCS title game.

Last night's beatdown is good evidence that a conference shouldn't have both teams in the title game. Notre Dame loses to Bosotn College (missed field goal in OT) and that Florida team is playing for the National Championship (I think- I am not as BCS literate as some).

Close - Notre Dame beat Pitt due to the missed field goal, not BC. But yes, Florida would be playing for the national title were it not for that missed kick, unless the voters decided enough was enough and voted up Oregon based solely on an attempt to avoid an all-SEC game for the 2nd year in a row.

The SEC is a self-fulfilling prophecy now. Teams are highly ranked coming into the year based on reputation (why not? The string of national championships speaks for itself), beat mostly mediocre competition in the non-conference to remain on top, and then whoever comes out on top at the other end of the conference season (when really we have no way of telling how strong the conference is because the games are all between each other) ends up top 5 - regardless of how they've actually looked.

It will take a loss in a championship game - like when USC lost to Texas - to end the streak. I'm not sure Notre Dame is the team to do it, but that's what it'll take.

Close - Notre Dame beat Pitt due to the missed field goal, not BC. But yes, Florida would be playing for the national title were it not for that missed kick, unless the voters decided enough was enough and voted up Oregon based solely on an attempt to avoid an all-SEC game for the 2nd year in a row.

The SEC is a self-fulfilling prophecy now. Teams are highly ranked coming into the year based on reputation (why not? The string of national championships speaks for itself), beat mostly mediocre competition in the non-conference to remain on top, and then whoever comes out on top at the other end of the conference season (when really we have no way of telling how strong the conference is because the games are all between each other) ends up top 5 - regardless of how they've actually looked.

It will take a loss in a championship game - like when USC lost to Texas - to end the streak. I'm not sure Notre Dame is the team to do it, but that's what it'll take.

Could not agree with you more. I will not argue that over the past 6 years the SEC has had 1 team that has been head and shoulders above almost all other college teams (though last year we never got to see OkSt or Stanford play an SEC team). But the bulk of the SEC gets far too much respect, especially given their overall bowl records not being all that impressive. This year especially - LSU beat by a Clemson team I was never much impressed with (esp since they're in the ACC). Florida beat by Louisville. MissSt loses to Northwestern (who also beat Vandy this season, albeit at home). South Carolina needed a last-second TD to beat Michigan, and Nebraska played UGA quite tough til the ending 2 TDs sealed it. Texas A&M is NOW SEC but I'd hardly call them part of the success over the last 6 years, and we don't even know if they will win vs OU. If Alabama loses to ND, I think pollsters really need to reconsider their faith in SEC dominance for next year..

Gosh I hope ND crushes Alabama - and I went to USC.

The top teams in the SEC are usually extremely good. I would argue though that most years, the teams in the middle/bottom of the conference are worse than other conferences.

Mississippi St. was ranked as high as #11 after they beat Jackson St., Auburn, Troy, South Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mid TN St. to start the season 7-0.

Mississippi St. was ranked as high as #11 after they beat Jackson St., Auburn, Troy, South Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mid TN St. to start the season 7-0.

I remember laughing hysterically about that. They proceeded to get curb stomped 3 weeks in a row.

ACC went 5-2 if you include Louisville with wins over Florida, LSU, West Virginia, and USC.

ACC went 5-2 if you include Louisville with wins over Florida, LSU, West Virginia, and USC.

Can't do it. That would mean that the Big Ten would have to take the Rutger's loss. Maybe it would be worth it though? It's another argument to bolster Maryland's claim that by replacing them with Louisville the "harm" to the ACC of them leaving isn't worth $50 million.

considering ESPN has a contract with the SEC to televise their games, I dont think the hype machine will ever stop. It's a self fulfilling prophecy really.

considering ESPN has a contract with the SEC to televise their games, I dont think the hype machine will ever stop. It's a self fulfilling prophecy really.

Doesn't CBS televise a large number of the SEC games? Always seems to me that the SEC is always on CBS. At least, during the regular season anyways.

Doesn't CBS televise a large number of the SEC games? Always seems to me that the SEC is always on CBS. At least, during the regular season anyways.

Yes they do. They get Network coverage for the 2:30 and evening games the same way the ABC/ESPN Big Ten partnership gives those slots to ABC.

Yes they do. They get Network coverage for the 2:30 and evening games the same way the ABC/ESPN Big Ten partnership gives those slots to ABC.

Thats what I thought. Guess I'm just unclear on the point t-docius is trying to make regarding ESPN and the SEC. You do not see the SEC on ESPN very often. Seems to me that the majority of ESPN's primetime games are B1G Ten/PAC 12/Big 12 related. I could be very wrong though as I'm going off my memory which is sometimes shoddy. :)

ESPN's Saturday primetime games almost exclusively feature SEC teams. Here are their primetime (or close to primetime) regular season games this past season:

Saturday, September 1
Auburn vs Clemson (7pm)

Saturday, September 8
Washington at LSU (7pm)

Saturday, September 15
Florida at Tennessee (6pm)

Saturday, September 22
LSU at Auburn (7pm)

Saturday, September 29
Florida State at South Florida (6pm)
Ole Miss at Alabama (9:15pm)

Saturday, October 6
Georgia at South Carolina (7pm)

Saturday, October 13
South Carolina at LSU (8pm)

Saturday, October 20
Alabama at Tennessee (7pm)

Saturday, October 27
Ohio State at Penn State (5:30pm)
Mississippi State at Alabama (8:30pm)

Saturday, November 10
Mississippi State at LSU (7pm)

Saturday, November 17
Kansas State at Baylor (7pm)

Saturday, November 24
South Carolina at Clemson (7:15pm)

If you think about it, it makes business sense for ESPN to hype up the games that are on their network (not on ABC) because Disney gets the subscriber fees from ESPN. Hype up the primetime matchups - AKA, the SEC - and more people will not want to miss out. More people not wanting to miss out means the cable company will bend when Disney asks for an astronomical per-subscriber fee for ESPN.

Thanks Gopher07 for doing the quick research. Like I said, my memory is pretty shoddy after gamedays as I have had a few after the Gopher games I am usually attending and may not have the clearest memory. Haha. :)

Top Bottom