Lou Holtz

ncgo4

Reaction score
Listened to him on the XM PGA tour channel. They were talking about preparing for the Ryder Cup and he talked about his pre game routine. He said he would get the entire team to lie on the floor the night before a game. He would turn out the lights for about a half an hour with the purpose of each person meditating on the positive things in their lives.

He said that when he sees former players they all talk about that practice and what a help it had been in games and their lives.

It's a powerful thing. The Seahawks do, or did it, meditation and yoga. Mike Randolph, the hockey coach at Duluth East has been doing something similar for 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listened to him on the XM PGA tour channel. They were talking about preparing for the Ryder Cup and he talked about his pre game routine. He said he would get the entire team to lie on the floor the night before a game. He would turn out the lights for about a half an hour with the purpose of each person meditating on the positive things in their lives.

He said that when he sees former players they all talk about that practice and what a help it had been in games and their lives.

I imagine this is how, and when, he bolted from the program.

Visualization/meditation/positive reflection whatever you want to call it is very popular in high level sports. Very effective technique for lots of people across many industries, I have heard Jerry Seinfeld speak about it and the benefit it has had on his life.

People forget that Luther grabbed $70K for himself.

Top Bottom