Lots of negativity on this board for a team that should be 3-1

i think the bigger problem would be if we did have a gimme tbh

2021 Bowling Green
2022 Purdue
2023 Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue again

All gimmes. All losses.

Woe is us. It all sucks, doesn't it? I mean, what's the point in bothering to draw another breath?

Courtesy of Gophergrandpa. Best post of this board in quite a while. Cuts straight to the heart of the issue of this program in it's current state. Don't see it changing unless there's a change in OC. That's a pretty good sample size. That's an average of less than 6 points a half the last 12 games in the second half. Must be fun to play defense in the 2nd half if you're on this team.

Here are the 2ND HALF scoring stats in the Gophers' past 12 Power 5/4 contests--comprising the entire 2023 season and 2024 to date. It ain't pretty.

2024:
Loss to Iowa, 0-24
Loss to UNC, 3-12
2023:
Loss to Wisconsin, 0-14
Loss to Ohio State, 3-24
Loss to Purdue, 10-21
Loss to Illinois, 9-13
Win over Michigan State, 17-6
Win over Iowa, 9-0
Loss to Michigan, 0-28
Loss to Northwestern, 3-27 (worse than 2024 Iowa collapse, given opponent)
Loss to UNC, 3-10
Win over Nebraska, 10-10
It's pretty obvious from these stats that our coaches stink, and we're incredibly predictable in our schemes. The evidence is clear. And PJ refuses to acknowledge this and make the necessary changes.

It just sounds so dumb around the watercolor talking to other teams fans saying we should be 3-1 or should be 4-0. Yeah Remember Murray and Otis count should be wins the same as real wins but it stinks that nobody else does.

Post loss threads and sports forums are unbearable, it's getting worse all the time.

I avoid this (and others) forum after a loss until the crybabies who are too emotional to have a clear thought leave.

The games in the future aren't decided yet, I'm in to see what happens / enjoy them.
But wait, how could possibly see another win….. oh my god. i can’t see one. Aaaaahhh!

And don’t you go pretending you can, because I can’t…. Wait, what are we talking about again? Oh, yeah, the Vikings are great. I told everyone if we get that Darnold guy, were totally a Super Bowl team.

I mean, how many of you want to run our coach who has delivered more 9+ win seasons than we have ever seen?

It’s just plain wrong.

PJ didn’t miss those field goals vs UNC. Why don’t you want to hang the B1G kicker? Talk about not living up to the hype.

Did they screw up against Iowa? Yeah, but it’s just one game, one half really. There is no reason to hang up the season for dropping a deuce on the field in one half.

The rest of the teams we play this year all have flaws. Give them a chance to exploit them.

Unfortunately, Michigan is a running team and after that last half, this game looks bleak. But, we can stack the box for this game and coach up how to tackle. It could happen.

Their are teams on the schedule we will beat and there is really only one team, PSU, I believe we have zero chance against.

So, support your f’ing team, for Christ’s sake!!

I’d say they have earned it!
Your name implies you're old enough to have been on Sanford and Son. Me...I'm tied with a million other guys as the 2nd oldest Jason...behind only Jason Thompson of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

My point is...obviously...that you should know by now that there is no reason for optimism. Although it's only entertainment...and I did enjoy reading your post...I got a good laugh out of it. We can still all enjoy the absurdity of it all LOL.

Top Bottom