Lots of interesting matchups in this one tonight

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Found myself watching a lot of the matchups in tonight's game and it was all over the map.

Basically, the Gophers' best man defender (non-guard), DJ, was either matched up on Krabby or Landry and this was almost the Gophers' undoing. He couldn't guard both and that was exploited time and time again.

Landry essentially did his damage when he was guarded by the freshmen big men, particularly big Ralph. Just not a good matchup. None of Landry's shots were contested really, and he made the most of it, outside of the last shot of the game of course. Awfully nice of Landry to clank the most important shot of the game.

Nobody in the BT benefits from the kind of senior leadership the Badgers do. Landry and Krabby are box score fillers and they will be INCREDIBLY difficult to replace for Bo and Co. The Badger fans like to point out that the naysayers have been expecting drop-offs with senior departures for the last several years and it never happens but there's no doubt it's catching up to them finally. The difference now is, the rest of the conference is catching up to them fast.

Found myself watching a lot of the matchups in tonight's game and it was all over the map.

Basically, the Gophers' best man defender (non-guard), DJ, was either matched up on Krabby or Landry and this was almost the Gophers' undoing. He couldn't guard both and that was exploited time and time again.

Landry essentially did his damage when he was guarded by the freshmen big men, particularly big Ralph. Just not a good matchup. None of Landry's shots were contested really, and he made the most of it, outside of the last shot of the game of course. Awfully nice of Landry to clank the most important shot of the game.

Nobody in the BT benefits from the kind of senior leadership the Badgers do. Landry and Krabby are box score fillers and they will be INCREDIBLY difficult to replace for Bo and Co. The Badger fans like to point out that the naysayers have been expecting drop-offs with senior departures for the last several years and it never happens but there's no doubt it's catching up to them finally. The difference now is, the rest of the conference is catching up to them fast.

While I hate the Badgers, I couldn't help but respect their team tonight. They played hard, they played fair, and for a while I thought they were going to pull it out. For once, Bo didn't get the refs his way (that 4-call stretch with about 6 minutes left was strange though), and that was probably the difference.

For some reason the Badgers don't match up well verses Westbrook. I love how he played in both of the Gopher Badger games.

FYI--The 3's that Landry hit were when Iverson was guarding him, not Sampson. Iverson isn't comfortable guarding somebody 20 feet away from the basket and it showed.

FYI--The 3's that Landry hit were when Iverson was guarding him, not Sampson. Iverson isn't comfortable guarding somebody 20 feet away from the basket and it showed.

Pretty sure Williams was inexplicably "guarding" him on a couple also.

Top Bottom