Lot 37 2021”reserved”?

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
Arrived 50 minutes prior to game and lot was essentially full. Each successive car required the lot attendant to rearrange tailgaters…guessing some were turned away.
Likely no more sellouts until Wisconsin…but improvements need to be made.

Arrived 50 minutes prior to game and lot was essentially full. Each successive car required the lot attendant to rearrange tailgaters…guessing some were turned away.
Likely no more sellouts until Wisconsin…but improvements need to be made.

Yeah.....there were a whole lot of issues with the parking lot in the streets as well. I gave myself an extra hour and fifteen to get to the game and still walked in halfway through the first series. The line to get into the stadium moved fairly quickly though.....so that was good.

Hell I had that experience 90 minutes before kickoff.

The big issue is that it is ENTIRELY AVOIDABLE.

Just make folks who arrive park in order back to front of the lot. Don't leave spaces that folks have to navigate to later on.

They've done it in the past ... but somehow forgot how it works.

Would be nice to have the athletic department to have some forethought to these types of issues.

I wish I would have known the Oak St. ramp was pass only for Ohio State (map online says it's cash and pass). I don't think that was communicated.

Would be nice to have the athletic department to have some forethought to these types of issues.

I wish I would have known the Oak St. ramp was pass only for Ohio State (map online says it's cash and pass). I don't think that was communicated.
One issue is I think that the UofM parking folks are still in charge of parking to some extent .. or entirely.

I'm not convicned they understand gameday situations.

It was? When we got there, they had ramp pass people going in one line and everyone else in the other.

It was? When we got there, they had ramp pass people going in one line and everyone else in the other.
I pulled up and the sign said "pass only" and the person working the ramp said it was pass only. I asked if it was cash option on the other side and they said it was pass only there too (maybe there was a cash option on Ontario St. side? If so I was given bad info by the guy working on the other side).

When I called the ticket office earlier today they said it was pass only for the OSU game due to the State Fair lot people being moved there.

I pulled up and the sign said "pass only" and the person working the ramp said it was pass only. I asked if it was cash option on the other side and they said it was pass only there too (maybe there was a cash option on Ontario St. side? If so I was given bad info by the guy working on the other side).

Interesting.

Just make folks who arrive park in order back to front of the lot. Don't leave spaces that folks have to navigate to later on.

Just arrive earlier than they do. Entirely avoidable. Problem solved.

My group got stuck in gridlock attempting top go to Oak street (didn't know it was pass only, which was likely a huge part of the traffic moving so slowly), then tried the Washington Ave ramp (full), and were directed to East River Road. My brother and I got out on the street and went to the stadium while the rest of the group went to park. We got in after the first possession, and the rest of the group missed most of the first quarter.

The lines to get in though, while still slow, moved faster than I remember in past years. I still think there is some improvement there that can be had, but it certainly was a mild improvement.

My group got stuck in gridlock attempting top go to Oak street (didn't know it was pass only, which was likely a huge part of the traffic moving so slowly), then tried the Washington Ave ramp (full), and were directed to East River Road. My brother and I got out on the street and went to the stadium while the rest of the group went to park. We got in after the first possession, and the rest of the group missed most of the first quarter.

The lines to get in though, while still slow, moved faster than I remember in past years. I still think there is some improvement there that can be had, but it certainly was a mild improvement.
You had a very similar experience to me! I went to Wash St. first (full) then to Oak St. (pass only), then to River Road. Made it to the game just in time to see the team run out of the tunnel. Just under 1.5 hours from time of arrival on campus to the time we got to our seats.

Dude's if you don't arrive before the gate opens you are already late. The whole idea is to TAILGATE before the game and after. If you want to park and walk in why come at all? Help me understand.

it's insane how many people park randomly, especially on big games

Than you see Ma and Pa from rural MN in their behemoth Truck or SUV trying to squeeze by party goers and into a spot that can fit a Rav4

yeah, they advertise Oak Street as accepting cash on website

but I think with sell out game AND thursday, it's an issue. The new(ish) Ambulatory care center across the street takes up a lot of spots in the ramp

my buddy ended up parking on West Bank. Not sure if the added walk cancelled out the snail crawl to get to east river road ramp, but

Thursday night opener always challenge since there is state fair parking on campus as well, but sell out crowd only added

should be better next few weeks

People were selling their oak street passes on stub hub for 80

Dude's if you don't arrive before the gate opens you are already late. The whole idea is to TAILGATE before the game and after. If you want to park and walk in why come at all? Help me understand.
In this case I worked and wasn't able to get to the lot until 530 and I essentially drank a few beers and walked into the game. I'll be there when lots open on Saturday but on regarding Thursday game I think your sentiments are misguided.

it's insane how many people park randomly, especially on big games

Than you see Ma and Pa from rural MN in their behemoth Truck or SUV trying to squeeze by party goers and into a spot that can fit a Rav4
Then the party goers who bought a pass for all of one spot look all pissy when they have to move their tables and shit out of the spots next to their vehicle that they took up.

It's a bad scene / needs better organization.

Different people different choices?

I park in the same ramp for every game. It’s great. Never had an issue getting in. Traffic a little slow but many ten extra minutes. Left Mac’s at 4:30 and was at a friends tailgate by 5

I park in the same ramp for every game. It’s great. Never had an issue getting in. Traffic a little slow but many ten extra minutes. Left Mac’s at 4:30 and was at a friends tailgate by 5
You walk from Macs to campus?

Said it before and I'll say it again. As someone who parks in the State Fair lot, I always plan on parking on the West Bank for the first game. It's exactly a one mile walk to the stadium so unless you have some physical ailments, it shouldn't be a problem for most people. It's also $15-17 cheaper than parking on the east bank. There's enough students that live in campus housing on the west bank so the walk back will have people around and I've never felt it to be a safety issue.

It will improve as they figure out how to streamline things. I figured that there would be issues with the first game of e-tickets and passes. I remember the first few years at TCF.....getting OUT of the Oak Street ramp after the games was a major issue. They figured that out and it is no longer an issue.

I found it odd that there weren't more cops directing traffic along 15th Ave and 5th St. Additionally the stop light was still switching at Oak and 5th even though Oak was closed.

You walk from Macs to campus?
No. I drive and park in the same ramp every time. It was like a 10-15 minute drive which is pretty typical on game days. Then I had a beer in the ramp walking to the tailgate. Tailgate until 6:15, grab a couple beers on my way to my seats and kickoff. It’s perfect.

I found it odd that there weren't more cops directing traffic along 15th Ave and 5th St. Additionally the stop light was still switching at Oak and 5th even though Oak was closed.
90 min before the game there were NO cops at 15th and 5th and it was a mess with folks blocking the street due to the light at 15th and 4th .....

90 min before the game there were NO cops at 15th and 5th and it was a mess with folks blocking the street due to the light at 15th and 4th .....
You're right! I should have said I found it odd there were no cops. The intersection of 17th and 5th was nuts with people trying to go south on 17th to get into the ramp.

Different people different choices?
I agree as long as those different people/choices don't then complain about traffic, parking, etc.
This was the first time, in I can't remember when, that I got caught in the traffic/parking...and it was my fault for losing track of time during our pre-tailgating festivities. Had great fun (other than stuck in traffic) just a little mad at myself for not keeping better track of time.

No. I drive and park in the same ramp every time. It was like a 10-15 minute drive which is pretty typical on game days. Then I had a beer in the ramp walking to the tailgate. Tailgate until 6:15, grab a couple beers on my way to my seats and kickoff. It’s perfect.
Pretty much my game routine as well except usually wait until the second quarter to grab a beer. Had I not lost rack of time...

Top Bottom