Looking forward to:

Reaction score
Not every single dang article about the Gophers to talk about how Brewster promised Rose Bowls. Hopefully, once the games start, the writers will have another angle to sell. I get it, Brewster was cocky and Kill isn't. Move on.
I wish I had the emoticon with them beating a dead horse.

+1000 Every every sports writer in Minnesota has done that artice (some more than once). Every time PA opens his mouth he has to say it. I guess I never realized how little talent and imagination most sports media people have.

As far as I am concerned Kill has gone too far in the other direction. I am already getting tired of his humbler than thou, down home, aw shucks act. He has more talent on his team than Brewster had in his entire four years. I for one will not be giving Kill a pass in his first year. If the Gophers don't win at least five games he will have under-performed as coach.

Not every single dang article about the Gophers to talk about how Brewster promised Rose Bowls. Hopefully, once the games start, the writers will have another angle to sell. I get it, Brewster was cocky and Kill isn't. Move on.
I wish I had the emoticon with them beating a dead horse.

This might help....... :horse:

I am already getting tired of his humbler than thou, down home, aw shucks act. He has more talent on his team than Brewster had in his entire four years.

Are you absolutely sure the is an act? It certainly could be. Or it might be genuinely who he is. He's been through this rebuilding before and he knows what he wants out of his players. Until the games start, he doesn't know for sure what he is going to get from his team or specific players. The truth will be discovered over the next year or two.

Also, I haven't heard him talk about a lack of talent as much as a lack of some specific attributes, i.e. speed or depth. Even more I've heard him talk about getting his players to understand what it really takes and put in enough work to develop talents into on-field production. The discipline and attention to detail, on and off the field.

With respect to the talent, he may have more than in recent years, but it still may not be enough or the right talent to employ the offensive and defensive system that he wants to run or to achieve the goals that he has set for himself. We all hope he's set his sights considerably higher than our recent history. Lots of the talent we have is still in the FR and SO classes and they don't have the experience (or proper coaching until now) to turn that talent into production. So we have a lack of depth and one or two key injuries could derail the whole season as far as wins and losses. That doesn't mean that progress towards building a consistently competitive and winning program has not been made. The proof will be in the wins and losses, but final grades won't come out this year.

Top Bottom