Looked better today...

Reaction score
I've been hating on the gophers offense as of late, but I will give credit where credit is due and the offense looked a lot better today. We did a good job of getting open, in rhythm shots and they actually went down. We also did a good job of getting the ball inside or penetrating into the lane today. It was nice to see us not be complacent with passing the ball around the perimeter (until the end when we were trying to kill clock). Hopefully we can continue to click better on offense the rest of the year.

Defense looked good tonight as well. We did a good job of defending the 3 and took NU's two best scorers completely out of the game. I think Craig Moore was close to crying.

Good job tonight boys.

KP is BACK!!!

All around solid game tonight. By the way, anyone else think its more than a coincidence that we seem to have more of a spark when KP is on the roster? Glad to see him back!

I've been hating on the gophers offense as of late, but I will give credit where credit is due and the offense looked a lot better today. We did a good job of getting open, in rhythm shots and they actually went down. We also did a good job of getting the ball inside or penetrating into the lane today. It was nice to see us not be complacent with passing the ball around the perimeter (until the end when we were trying to kill clock). Hopefully we can continue to click better on offense the rest of the year.

Defense looked good tonight as well. We did a good job of defending the 3 and took NU's two best scorers completely out of the game. I think Craig Moore was close to crying.

Good job tonight boys.

Agree. This was as aggressive a game as we've seen from the guys for about three weeks. They came out with a clear purpose and really took control of the game basically from the start. Admittedly, the Wildcats were a bit banged up and didn't play well in any respect considering most of their guys apparently had a bit of the flu. But that doesn't take away from the mindset our guys displayed with the game today.

Overall, it seemed like the guys really stepped forward and made a concerted effort to end matters early on tonight and they did that. Now we have a really big challenge staring us in the face at Illinois on Thursday. For now, it's nice to see the team play a pretty efficient game on both ends of the floor.

It's gotta be coincidence. I know he is well liked on the team. Did you notice how hard they were trying to get him to take a shot, and how hard he was trying not to. It was almost funny. so talented and so scared to fail. Too bad.

Why does it have to be a coincidence? You don't think the team practices better with him?

It's a bit hard to imagine such a dramatic turnaround could be attributed to any bench player, so maybe he makes a difference, but not this difference. It's a nice sentiment though, and I do like the guy.

You gotta admit it was weird to see anyone but KP lead the team onto the court. And for the record, pre-suspension: 16-2, during suspension: 3-5, post-suspension: 1-0. All I'm sayin' is, the team wasn't the same without his enthusiasm.

Top Bottom