Longgggggggggggg Lines Again?

had no problem with lines at all. life was good. only challenge was all of the fans in the northeast around the 30 yd line blocking the concourse chatting so people could not go about their business. a number of the them had their heads up their butts, but hey, all is good.

40 minutes before the game

and absolutely no wait on the north end of the stadium. Try coming in earlier.

Worry more about winning a damn game!

More people came late because they were afraid they would have to sit in the rain. If you want to maximize your drinking time,fine but you may face lines, your choice. I listened to most of the band and the line at D was about 10 deep, no problem.

I don't understand why everyone needs to be frisked. Only sporting event that I have been to that it takes place.

I don't understand why everyone needs to be frisked. Only sporting event that I have been to that it takes place.

All stadiums in the US are on a higher state of alert because of terror alerts stressing stadiums as targets. Obviously the frisking isn't going to catch anything but most of the things we put up with for "safety" in this country are just forms of national security theater anyway.

People should definitely show up earlier but the U still has work to do as well. Both are contributing factors...it's not just one or the other.

Line sucks

Took me over 30 minutes at gate D. An 80 year old guy in front of me was asked several questions for over 2 minutes before they let him in. Come on! The security guy felt items in both of my front pockets and asked me what they were. I said wallet and cell phone and he let me in without showing him. If you're not going to check pockets, why take the long time to pat people down and then ask questions and then do nothing about it??

I could have had a bomb or flask in my pockets and they wouldn't have know. (I did have one of them!):D

All stadiums in the US are on a higher state of alert because of terror alerts stressing stadiums as targets. Obviously the frisking isn't going to catch anything but most of the things we put up with for "safety" in this country are just forms of national security theater anyway.

People should definitely show up earlier but the U still has work to do as well. Both are contributing factors...it's not just one or the other.

I call BS on this. Last week in Chicago I wasn't patted down at all at Ryan Field. The next day my wife and I went to the Tigers/Sox game as US Cellular field and I wasn't patted down. The security at TCF is 10x more strict than Chicago venues? The people at TCF make me take my hat off! Hmmmmmmm

The big problem with the lines on Saturday was that it was raining, therefore people were waiting until the last minute to arrive. I got in line at 10:20 and was in line for 10 minutes.

I think it's reasonable to assume that if you get to the stadium 20 minutes before the game starts, you'll be able to get to your seats before kickoff. That was not the case for me yesterday, and I think it's a problem that still needs to be addressed.

Great point. I totally agree. Gate A was awful. Took me 30 minutes to get into the game.

It must be a Gate B thing because I waited about 10 minutes against AF (about 45 min before game time). The Cal game was 5 minutes or less around 10:45. The WI game was 10 minutes or less at about 10:30. I've had no complaints and have heard minimal complaints from people using gate B.

The security thing is confusing me a little. In no other venue have I ever gone through this much. That includes the hockey arena in Washington D.C. for the Frozen Four last year. I've gotta believe if D.C. doesn't feel the need to check everyone's pockets why do we? I know there is an added threat level right now but let's be realistic here. If Al-Quaida wants to bomb a stadium, are they going to go after 50,805 people, or will they go after 100,000+ like at Ann Arbor, Columbus, Knoxville, Happy Valley, Pasadena, etc? Furthermore, are the measures they've been taking really going to prevent a motivated Al-Quaida even if they do target TCF Bank Stadium? I guess we'll just have to deal with it until things die down and security relaxes a little bit. They will not likely take this many steps forever.

A bit surprised that nobody seems to have pointed out that it was still raining/drizzling before game time. In contrast to the 11AM start for the Cal game:

• Folks in the St Paul campus parking lot were spending a lot longer to tailgate, etc (the bus "starters" mentioned it to each other as well that the number of passengers was down compared to the same time for the Cal game). There were a number of buses queued up waiting to leave and our bus had no standees. At the Cal game, there were only two buses and folks had to stand on the way.

• We got to Gate B about 50 minutes before kick-off and noted that the number of fans was way, way smaller than versus Cal. We were able to walk right up and got right through.

• Ditto when we got to our seats ... I think there were fewer than 20 fans in our section at about 10:20 where the section was at least a third full versus Cal

I think folks were just hanging back Saturday due to the weather. Nobody was rushing to sit down while it was drizzling. As a result (and in contrast to the Cal and AF game), there were fewer fans 40-90 minutes before the game and a relatively higher number of fans coming in during the last 20-30 minutes before kick-off.

countdownclub.jpg

I call BS on this. Last week in Chicago I wasn't patted down at all at Ryan Field. The next day my wife and I went to the Tigers/Sox game as US Cellular field and I wasn't patted down. The security at TCF is 10x more strict than Chicago venues? The people at TCF make me take my hat off! Hmmmmmmm

The big problem with the lines on Saturday was that it was raining, therefore people were waiting until the last minute to arrive. I got in line at 10:20 and was in line for 10 minutes.

I'm not saying that's for sure why they are frisking. It was my best guess as to why they'd be doing it now but not in the past and I'm just as likely to be wrong as right (that's why its called a guess). Reread my last post and saw I didn't note that I was speculating, so apologies there. I would point out however that I'm pretty sure the Feds don't dictate how each stadium secures itself when it comes to things like bag checks/frisking which could explain variations between sites. Regardless, it looks like the checks are A) not being done consistently or B) being done either in a pointless fashion (my frisk was quick and checked nothing) or way to strictly (the 80 yr old man questions).

Top Bottom