Longest fan attendance streak for a rivalry game?

maliksealy

Reaction score
This year will mark the 17th year in a row I've attended the Iowa/Minnesota rivalry dating back to 2000 in the dome. Not bad for a dude who just turned 34 yesterday. I think the only other team we play every year is Wisconsin, dating back at least more than several years. Anybody have a longer streak? Or any cool other fan streak?

This year will mark the 17th year in a row I've attended the Iowa/Minnesota rivalry dating back to 2000 in the dome. Not bad for a dude who just turned 34 yesterday. I think the only other team we play every year is Wisconsin, dating back at least more than several years. Anybody have a longer streak? Or any cool other fan streak?

I can't be certain for sure...but I think I have gone to every Gophers/Wisc. since the late 70's. I started going when I was five and haven't missed very many games overall-maybe 15 I would guess?

Been to every MN/WI game since about 1988 except for one (sister's wedding) with my wife and two friends from Madison.

This year, for the first time, we'll be joined at the game by their two kids and our two kids, who are all in college. The two from Madison are U of M students, as is one of my two; all four will be wearing maroon and gold.

I've been to 100% of the games against San Jose State where the stadium was evacuated due to lightning and we completed our first pass in the 4th quarter.

That is impressive...21 straight MN/WI games for me. I'm a little older than you... Might break the streak this year though...we'll see. Depending on the game time I might do a day trip.

I've been to at least 1 road game, usually 2-3, every year since 1999. The streak is in jeopardy this year as I don't have any trips planned at the moment.

Haven't missed a home game since the 10-9 win over Fargo (2005 I think).

Missed 1 MN/WI game since 1999, same with Iowa.

I once took a shot of beer every minute for 100 straight minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been to 100% of the games against San Jose State where the stadium was evacuated due to lightning and we completed our first pass in the 4th quarter.

What I remember most about that storm was the wind. I remember going near the gates of the stadium and the wind was so strong it made the rain even worse. Ended up just staying in the concourse and caught the end of the game. The sky actually cleared up pretty nicely after the storm.

I stayed for the entire Kent State game.... that felt like several decades at least.

A buddy of mine stayed for the entire 2008 Iowa game. Anyone who did that deserves a medal or something.

Same. Was there ....

I think I left early once, the storm delay a while back. Had someone with a physical disability with me so waiting it out in the concourse wasn't so much an option.

Otherwise, always to the end.

A buddy of mine stayed for the entire 2008 Iowa game. Anyone who did that deserves a medal or something.

I stayed until the end of the 58-0 thrashing in Ann Arbor in 2011. Then ate my feelings with a Mount Nacheesmo/ice cream bang-bang.

As for attendance vs. opponent, I've been to each game against Northwestern since the 2000 hail mary. Evanston is just such an easy an inexpensive trip, it's difficult to pass up.

I did, but I think it was more of wanting to see what the Iowa fans were possibly going to do to the Metrodome. I probably would have helped them if they had brought out the pitchforks & torches to help take down the place.....

Only current streak right now is Wisconsin & Iowa as I've attended the past road game at each, so Iowa would be at 3 going on 4 this year, since we played them back to back at home in 13 & 14, and then 3 with Wisconsin '13-'14'-'15. Not attending the game in Camp Randall this year though. Longest consecutive streaks I had with Wisconsin were 9 ('95-'03) & 7 with Iowa ('98-'04)

My notch is having been to every Big Ten stadium, minus the two newcomers. And I'll be checking off Maryland in about 4 weeks when we're there on 10/15...

As for attendance vs. opponent, I've been to each game against Northwestern since the 2000 hail mary. Evanston is just such an easy an inexpensive trip, it's difficult to pass up.

That's a really cool streak. Chicago is always fun.

Hopefully they do the Wrigley thing next year. I'll be going for sure then... although I guess it looks unlikely to happen.

No streaks for me, but I've had season tickets for four different college football teams; USC(2), UW(5), IL(2), and the Gophers(10). Attended the first three, grew up rooting for the fourth.

WI since the mid-90's. Also had a streak in the 80's but broke it when I moved out of state for a few years. I have been to many games at Iowa but never a long continuous streak like WI.

Top Bottom