Long Beach giving Pitt a battle

bga1

Reaction score
at Pitt up 10 with 16:30 to go. Fun game on ESPNU

LBSU had an answer for everything Pitt threw at em. Only the 2nd non-conference loss ever at the Pete for Pitt

Congrats to Coach Monson! What a huge win, couldn't of happened to a nicer guy. So happy for Long Beach! :)

LBSU answered Pitts' charges again and again. Congrats to Monson on beating the 9th ranked team.

During the Monson years...

did we ever come close to a win like this? Over a ranked BCS non-conference foe (on the road for effs sake)? Did we ever, at any point in time play for 40 minutes as well as LBSU did tonight during the entire Monson regime at Minnesota? College bball is a funny sport, who can figure? This is not in any way a shot at Dan, it just makes me shake my head. Wow.

did we ever come close to a win like this? Over a ranked BCS non-conference foe (on the road for effs sake)? Did we ever, at any point in time play for 40 minutes as well as LBSU did tonight during the entire Monson regime at Minnesota? College bball is a funny sport, who can figure? This is not in any way a shot at Dan, it just makes me shake my head. Wow.
We'd probably have trouble convincing a top 10 team to come to Williams for a non-conference game. In conference, Ohio State was the only road top10 test last year, and Hollins had a shot to send it to overtime.

Sal- Certainly we never closed one out. Dan has a pretty darn good squad there. Super athletic and can shoot at every position. He is back to having the type of players he needs to play the way he did at Gonzaga. For whatever reason he never could get that type of player to come to Minnesota. Those guys ran from end to end for all 40 minutes last night - they were simply too quick for Pitt.

I saw only a few minutes of the LBSU Pitt game last night. Dan certainly has a scrappy bunch. Like bga1 says they ran end to end, at least the little I saw. It looks like they do not take any plays off.

Sal- Certainly we never closed one out. Dan has a pretty darn good squad there. Super athletic and can shoot at every position. He is back to having the type of players he needs to play the way he did at Gonzaga. For whatever reason he never could get that type of player to come to Minnesota. Those guys ran from end to end for all 40 minutes last night - they were simply too quick for Pitt.

Monson has a nice team, pretty good offensively, and very athletic for a mid major team. Still a Dan Monson team though, no matter how good they are they would struggle in a conference like the B1G. Teams that play against them reguarly are going to break down his defenses and score alot of points.

Top Bottom