Lonenoa Faoa commits to incoming Class of 2020

PWO.

He’s a project, but I did confirm that he can throw at least 40 yards.

Hopefully, we can get his brother, Palaie, in 2023.

Looks like he has moved around a lot. From Bishop Gorman to Hawaii and back to the Vegas area. Guessing pwo.

Isn't Tua fairly religious? Maybe same with this guy's family, and so maybe they were really impressed/sold on Fleck's culture? Not that it's religious, but it puts so much emphasis on doing the right thing, being a good person, etc.

Just wondering where the connection to Fleck or Minn would be.

Isn't Tua fairly religious? Maybe same with this guy's family, and so maybe they were really impressed/sold on Fleck's culture? Not that it's religious, but it puts so much emphasis on doing the right thing, being a good person, etc.

Just wondering where the connection to Fleck or Minn would be.

Could be a Sanford connection.

I searched around to try to figure out what the story is with this kid, because it doesn’t appear that he played his senior season. He’s been bouncing back and forth between Hawaii and Vegas throughout his high school year, and has had some success on the field. I saw the word “homesick” mentioned somewhere. I also saw, “4.0 student.” He looks to have a decent arm. Perhaps they found a diamond in the rough.

He might have been injured his senior season.

Here are some Junior season highlights. Not bad, tbh.

247 says 6-1 and 224 lbs. Possible upside as a Green-esque wildcat option? Looks fairly athletic.

I know nothing about Faoa, but if he is Tua's cousin and PJ is getting recruits from Hawaii/Las Vegas, IMG, etc. That is a very good sign for the future. Good job PJ! Go Gophers!

In the world of big time rugby men of the various South Sea Islands, the Polynesian Peoples, have a huge impact due, in part, to their unique genenic qualities. This has also become obvious in US football over the past couple of decades. On average, these men reach full maturity a lot sooner than the, on average, European white male. An 18 year old Polynesian male can have the muscle mass of a 28 year old Englishman. Additionally, whereas, on average a European type male tends to be narrow in the hips and wide at the shoulders (naturally somewhat tippy), Polynesian males tend towards wider hips (less tippy). They are a good part of the reason New Zealand with only 4 million people is always so good at Rugby.

In the world of big time rugby men of the various South Sea Islands, the Polynesian Peoples, have a huge impact due, in part, to their unique genenic qualities. This has also become obvious in US football over the past couple of decades. On average, these men reach full maturity a lot sooner than the, on average, European white male. An 18 year old Polynesian male can have the muscle mass of a 28 year old Englishman. Additionally, whereas, on average a European type male tends to be narrow in the hips and wide at the shoulders (naturally somewhat tippy), Polynesian males tend towards wider hips (less tippy). They are a good part of the reason New Zealand with only 4 million people is always so good at Rugby.
These are all true statements. But if it was that easy, then Hawaii would be winning the national championship instead of Alabama, which is mostly black.

Polynesian athletes certainly are built solid like coconut trees with thick stumps.

Last edited:

I know nothing about Faoa, but if he is Tua's cousin and PJ is getting recruits from Hawaii/Las Vegas, IMG, etc. That is a very good sign for the future. Good job PJ! Go Gophers!
I didn't know he was Tua's cousin.

My contempt for excessive Tua coverage might be wearing off if this guy pans out....

I mentioned his class of 2023 brother last night. To clarify, he’s expected to be one of the top LBs in his class. I know it might be a little early for that level of speculation, but that’s what I read. After watching his highlights as a freshman, it wouldn’t surprise me.

Not sure what you guys getting excited about.. Chinese flu is gonna kill is all. :banghead:

Fleck should ask these brothers to lead the Gophers in a pre-game version of the Haka.

Interesting wedding video behind the Rugby with the same concept.

Fleck should ask these brothers to lead the Gophers in a pre-game version of the Haka.

The University of Hawaii did a Haka before a game a few years ago and they were given a 15 yard penalty on the kickoff for unsportsman like conduct. True.

This relevant?

Even though Polynesians (Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders) make up only 0.5 percent of the U.S. population (2010 U.S. Census), more than 200 Polynesians have played professionally in the National Football League (and in the Canadian Football League) — 28 times more likely than any other ethnic group

In the world of big time rugby men of the various South Sea Islands, the Polynesian Peoples, have a huge impact due, in part, to their unique genenic qualities...
What is Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder up to these days? He dead?

Maybe if the top MN instate OLs don't want to play for the Gophers, maybe they can start a pipeline from Polynesia now that we have a couple of kids from the Pacific region.

Top Bottom