Logo Brands, University of Minnesota Ink Exclusive Licensing Deal

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Logo Brands has finalized a four-year licensing agreement with University of Minnesota for blankets, throws and pillows, effective April 1.

Product categories include tents, chairs, stadium seating, coolers and tables. The agreement is an expansion of a partnership struck earlier this year granting Logo Brands exclusive rights to manufacture, produce and distribute U of M Golden Gophers tailgate and outdoor lifestyle products across multiple retail channels.

SUGGESTED EVENT
MIPTV
MIPTV

Apr 12, 2021 to Apr 14, 2021

Logo Brands has finalized a four-year licensing agreement with University of Minnesota for blankets, throws and pillows, effective April 1.

Product categories include tents, chairs, stadium seating, coolers and tables. The agreement is an expansion of a partnership struck earlier this year granting Logo Brands exclusive rights to manufacture, produce and distribute U of M Golden Gophers tailgate and outdoor lifestyle products across multiple retail channels.

"We are thrilled that the University of Minnesota has allowed us to expand our partnership with them," says Maggie McHugh, vice president, strategic partnerships, Logo Brands. "We will now be able to offer a more comprehensive selection of Minnesota products to their fans, alumni, students and community to enjoy for many years to come."

Logo Brands will make U of M tailgating products available through Walmart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Academy Sports, Bed Bath & Beyond, Fanatics and many other major retail outlets. Products will also be available in the Logo Brands online store.

"We are really excited to expand our licensing program with Logo Brands," says Greg Berkowitz, licensing marketing strategist, Gopher Athletics. "Logo Brands does an excellent job showcasing our brand and have been great collaborators since I've been at Minnesota."

Go Gophers!!

Might be a good deal for the U, but I'm not sure it's good for the consumer if only one company gets the rights to make these things. There will be fewer product choices available.

Might be a good deal for the U, but I'm not sure it's good for the consumer if only one company gets the rights to make these things. There will be fewer product choices available.
I didn't see that it is an exclusive deal anywhere...

I didn't see that it is an exclusive deal anywhere...
The agreement is an expansion of a partnership struck earlier this year granting Logo Brands exclusive rights to manufacture, produce and distribute U of M Golden Gophers tailgate and outdoor lifestyle products across multiple retail channels.

The agreement is an expansion of a partnership struck earlier this year granting Logo Brands exclusive rights to manufacture, produce and distribute U of M Golden Gophers tailgate and outdoor lifestyle products across multiple retail channels.
My mistake, thanks.

The big question is, will they go with the classic Goldy or the "tough" 80's Goldy?

It seems we have always had less availability of team themed products for the U. I hope they make a quality product and I will buy some new items. Go Gophers !

I hope they and the U of M finally get the school colors right. Maroon and gold.
This isn't a re-branding effort, just a distribution and rights to license agreement. The colors and logos are the best they've ever been and finally consistent across all sports.

I really like my Coleman 10x10 Gopher tailgating tent. The reviews of the 9x9 ones that many people have (and are available in the bookstore) were terrible. Too bad it sounds like that will no longer be available with this exclusive deal. I don’t know anything about Logo brands. Hopefully, the quality is good. Otherwise, it’s basically a big middle finger to fans in the process of making a buck.

I really like my Coleman 10x10 Gopher tailgating tent. The reviews of the 9x9 ones that many people have (and are available in the bookstore) were terrible. Too bad it sounds like that will no longer be available with this exclusive deal. I don’t know anything about Logo brands. Hopefully, the quality is good. Otherwise, it’s basically a big middle finger to fans in the process of making a buck.
Yep - and they can charge whatever they want since they have the monopoly on those products now.

The white frame 9x9 tents are terrible. The Coleman 10x10 (purchased from Costco) is vastly superior and would highly recommend. My group has three of them. However, it was 'manufactured' by a different brand this year (potentially Rawlings?). Not sure if it was the same quality as previous years.

Minnesota Gopher stuff is always sold out here in Texas no matter where I go. Its just weird.

Top Bottom