Logan Fife de-commits

This isn't a loss. Kid filled a schollie and that was it. He was not going to see the field but for a qb option play every other game. If we needed him to start a game, we'd be done. Lindsey is the stud to get ready.

As I've said:

transfers do not sign something equivalent to a National Letter of Intent (NLI, not NIL) that high school players sign.

Honestly wonder if NLI is even that binding. Didn't Gophers men's basketball release a kid from his signed NLI a year or two ago?

Until they enroll, "commitments" and "signings" are starting to be meaningless.

College football recruiting is a joke.
Transfers don't actually sign a thing. It's all just a gentlemen's agreement until they actually enroll.

They can walk away the morning of the day they're supposed to enroll and just trash the whole thing.

We can do better at QB than this fella I'm pretty sure.
But, we also need a minimum of about 5 other transfers to improve the roster.
We only have what? 4 incoming?

Post #28...

Wonder if some of these are admin.issues, cooling, or the player finds a different situation. So much of the work seems to take place after the commitment and then the school or player gets cold feet.
Would think we’ll hear about it at some point it it’s an admin issue. No doubt that wouldn’t sit well with the coaching staff.

I mean, we still do have the walk-on from Stillwater?

Yeah that's risky business rolling out there with that kid as the backup, if MaxBro goes down.

But at that point they may as well just throw the Arkansas 7A Golden Boy into the fire!

Too small to be a tackle. He’d get killed at 250.
JJ.jpg
Considering Gophs have offered him already, they should seriously figure out how to try to get him. Could be 2025 starter.

From his wikipedia page:
Kohl was rated a four-star recruit by major recruiting services and the eighth-best quarterback prospect nationally in the 2023 recruiting class by ESPN.com. He committed to play college football at Iowa State over offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, and Florida State.[9] Kohl later received offers from high-profile programs such as Auburn and Michigan, but he maintained his commitment to Iowa State and signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to play for them in December 2022. He is the highest-ranked quarterback recruit in Iowa State history.

View attachment 29437
Considering Gophs have offered him already, they should seriously figure out how to try to get him. Could be 2025 starter.

From his wikipedia page:
Kohl was rated a four-star recruit by major recruiting services and the eighth-best quarterback prospect nationally in the 2023 recruiting class by ESPN.com. He committed to play college football at Iowa State over offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, and Florida State.[9] Kohl later received offers from high-profile programs such as Auburn and Michigan, but he maintained his commitment to Iowa State and signed a National Letter of Intent (NLI) to play for them in December 2022. He is the highest-ranked quarterback recruit in Iowa State history.

I’m sold. Assume he’s in the portal?

The rule should be like a contract. Once your signed your commitment is for one year. If you don’t compete in bowl game you give back a percentage of your NIL money. Sitting out a year is still the best way to stabilize things.
Sitting out a year is the minimum task to help stop anarchy in college football.

Majors and Driver since you've written. Still like to see a seasoned LB, if there is one available to us.

Top Bottom