Local Recruiting Grade

What grade do you give Whalen and staff CURRENTLY on local recruiting.

• Total voters

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
I am curious when I look at local recruiting that I see its a topic myself and a good amount of people on here talk about. This is simply about LOCAL recruiting, not recruiting overall. I am curious where people view Whalen, Carly and the staff to date. With for sure 1, possibly two local kids in 2021 left that could choose Minnesota, looking to see what grade you give the staff? My guess is getting Sophie would increase it up a letter or two. Dague might keep it even.

Facts (Gets/Misses) Based on kids that had known offers.

2019:

Got:

-Sara Scalia

Missed:
-N/A

2020:

Got:

-N/A

Missed:
-Paige Bueckers-UConn
-Alyssa Ustby-North Carolina
-Lauren Jensen- Iowa
-Annika Stewart- Nebraska
-Mackenzie Kramer- Lehigh

2021:

Got:

-Maggie Czinano
-Katie Borowicz

Missed:
-Adalia McKenzie
-Kendall Coley
-Jenna Johnson
-Gianna Kneepkens

Unknown:
-Sophie Hart
-Ellie Dague

Things to consider:

-Relationships the previous two staffs had soured
-been here two seasons so far
-two seasons finishing WNIT instead of NCAA

My HS team played Dagues team. Great player, but NDSU is a good fit for her.

I am curious when I look at local recruiting that I see its a topic myself and a good amount of people on here talk about. This is simply about LOCAL recruiting, not recruiting overall. I am curious where people view Whalen, Carly and the staff to date. With for sure 1, possibly two local kids in 2021 left that could choose Minnesota, looking to see what grade you give the staff? My guess is getting Sophie would increase it up a letter or two. Dague might keep it even.

Facts (Gets/Misses) Based on kids that had known offers.

2019:

Got:

-Sara Scalia

Missed:
-N/A

2020:

Got:

-N/A

Missed:
-Paige Bueckers-UConn
-Alyssa Ustby-North Carolina
-Lauren Jensen- Iowa
-Annika Stewart- Nebraska
-Mackenzie Kramer- Lehigh

2021:

Got:

-Maggie Czinano
-Katie Borowicz

Missed:
-Adalia McKenzie
-Kendall Coley
-Jenna Johnson
-Gianna Kneepkens

Unknown:
-Sophie Hart
-Ellie Dague

Things to consider:

-Relationships the previous two staffs had soured
-been here two seasons so far
-two seasons finishing WNIT instead of NCAA

this is good reading and insight, but lets not criticize this coaching staff, they are getting MN kids, the previous coaching staff caused our aau programs to be anti-MN, that is changing but it takes time to build trust and relationships. I wish Sophie Hart would of came to MN, a kid with size. I dont understand going to NC State, when you can play in front of family and friends.. Ok, they are ranked, but there are no guarantees they will be ranked next year and the next... I get Paige going to uconn, but Paige could of also went to any power5 school and made them a NCAA team.

Top Bottom