List of Players Returning and Departing for 2021

I wouldn't throw stones from this glass house. Minnesota is only around 78%. Lot of work left to do there.
78 seems pretty good to me. There are so many reasons someone wouldn't finish college at the school they started at, especially at a state university in a major metro area.

Is the extra year of eligibility for everyone or just this year’s seniors? Like does Tanner Morgan have two more years if he wants?
This year doesn’t count as anything for anyone.
If you are a true freshmen you’re still a true freshmen whether you played or notX
If you are a redshirt senior you are still a redshirt senior whether you played or not

If I was good enough to play and was given another year due to COVID, I’d play for sure. Hopefully, playing in front of a full stadium with loud fans is tough to beat. I can do a helluva job at work and don’t hear a roar from the crowd. Play as long as you can. Those are some of the best years of your life.

Did Faalele return to his home country during this school year? What are the chances of him returning?

FYI, Olson went on record early in the season saying he we was coming back next year.

He’s been on campus and is enrolled in classes

Mitu on campus:

lGCzQu8.gif

huge to get more OL back

just waiting on Faalele as far as I can tell. With or without him we will have a ton of experience and depth along the o-line next year.

just waiting on Faalele as far as I can tell. With or without him we will have a ton of experience and depth along the o-line next year.
which is huge. lots of offensive experience coming back. Should hopefully make for ongoing strides being made on that side of the ball

Sam is one of those great college football stories. He was here at the beginning, likely playing way before he should have been playing. He was criticized a ton on here, in the media, in general. He really struggled playing as a RS FR. He ended improving (who'd have thunk a FR would improve?) and being a good OL and a big part of our collective OL improvement. He also was a big reason we won back the axe.

Happy to have Same back. RTB.

Mitu on campus:
Not exactly hard to spot a guy like Big Dan. I remember when the Gophers picked up an absolute HUGE guy around 2010-2011 and I saw him on the connector. Just a monster. Can't remember the name. If I recall he slimmed down and I also recall he had a good story and was a nice guy.

I don't blame them. An experienced lineman with a sixth or seventh year can really shine.

I don't pay attention in this detail, so could someone list what would be the ideal first and second string OL next year and who is back/not announced yet?

Not exactly hard to spot a guy like Big Dan. I remember when the Gophers picked up an absolute HUGE guy around 2010-2011 and I saw him on the connector. Just a monster. Can't remember the name. If I recall he slimmed down and I also recall he had a good story and was a nice guy.
Jeff Wills?

I don't pay attention in this detail, so could someone list what would be the ideal first and second string OL next year and who is back/not announced yet?

Some of this is probably up for debate, but below is my ideal.

LT: Andries / Schlueter
LG: Olson
C: Schmitz / Boe
RG: Dunlap / Ruschmeyer
RT: Faalele / Ersery

- Andries can play G/T
- Schmitz/Olson can play G/C
- I obviously don't know much about Lawrence, Cooper, Guedet, Lewis.
- I believe everyone is confirmed except Faalele and Andries. The only one who seems like there is a possibility they won't return is Faalele. If that happened, I'd guess Schlueter would start at RT (or LT and move Andries to RT).

Some of this is probably up for debate, but below is my ideal.

LT: Andries / Schlueter
C: Schmitz / Boe
RG: Dunlap / Ruschmeyer
RT: Faalele / Ersery

- Andries can play G/T
- Schmitz/Olson can play G/C
- I obviously don't know much about Lawrence, Cooper, Guedet, Lewis.
- I believe everyone is confirmed except Faalele and Andries. The only one who seems like there is a possibility they won't return is Faalele. If that happened, I'd guess Schlueter would start at RT (or LT and move Andries to RT).

I think Faalele has big COVID concerns and will likely not rejoin the team until he’s vaccinated. Given that we have no idea about his conditioning to start the season, I think a likely Week 1 lineup could be:

LT: Schlueter
C: Schmitz
RG: Dunlap
RT: Andries

Says a lot about Callahan and PJ that these guys want to come back on the o-line.
Huge help to living up to “We’ll be a very good team next year.”

I believe Alabama's rate for the whole school is like 55%
The latest numbers I see for Alabama has them at a graduation rate of 68.3% for the entire university. Their football team is around 88%.

As posted here earlier...Minnesota is 78% entire; 94% football.

But ya, we're smarter.

Last edited:

I think Faalele has big COVID concerns and will likely not rejoin the team until he’s vaccinated. Given that we have no idea about his conditioning to start the season, I think a likely Week 1 lineup could be:

LT: Schlueter
C: Schmitz
RG: Dunlap
RT: Andries

Isn't he already on campus? I'm not disagreeing with you but are you saying his COVID concerns will prevent him from playing even though he is on campus.

Top Bottom