1 man’s opinion

Low Post (5) Payne 24, Thompson 10, Ihnen 6
Stretch Four(4) Garcia 32, Ihnen 8
Wing (3) Battle 32, Ihnen 8
Combo Guard (2) Carrington 22, Henley 14, Samuel 4
Point Guard (1) Cooper 30, Samuel 10
JOJ, Ramberg and Purcell are depth

1 man’s opinion
Pretty solid guess. I think Joseph gets 5- 10 somehow- if ferocious defense is the priority this year.

Even with Ihnen back, Battle is getting closer to 38 minutes than 32. His three year averages are 35.3, 36.5, 36.7mpg. Any chance he had of playing less minutes went away with the Fox injury due to the domino effect of who plays what position.

I would guess they play a bit more "small ball" with Garcia at 5 and Ihnen/Battle playing at wing.

Payne 20-25
Garcia 34-36
Battle 34-36
Carrington 22-27
Cooper 32-36
Ihnen 20-25
Samuels 15-20
Thompson/JOJ/Henley 4-8

Is Thompson a bust? Or just needs more time, but will eventually be a 20+ min contributor?

Even with Ihnen back, Battle is getting closer to 38 minutes than 32. His three year averages are 35.3, 36.5, 36.7mpg. Any chance he had of playing less minutes went away with the Fox injury due to the domino effect of who plays what position.

I would guess they play a bit more "small ball" with Garcia at 5 and Ihnen/Battle playing at wing.
If Battle goes to 38 that's bad. If the team trademark is going to be defense, low 30s is where Battle should be. I think he can be a good defender but not for 38 minutes. Last year in big minutes he got beat on that end. He works pretty hard to get his shots and he gets gassed. We have several "new" players with size in Garcia, Ihnen, Payne and OJ and a wing in Henley that can all take a little pressure off of Battle.

Yep - you can't play ferocious defense if you're playing 38 minutes per game.

I'd really like to see Garcia, Battle, and Cooper top at around 32 minutes per game.

I don't want Battle or Garcia gasping for breath in the closing minutes.

TT has to play. JOJ has to give them some minutes. Maybe even Henley as a SF in some lineups.

don't run the starters into the ground.

If Battle goes to 38 that's bad. If the team trademark is going to be defense, low 30s is where Battle should be. I think he can be a good defender but not for 38 minutes. Last year in big minutes he got beat on that end. He works pretty hard to get his shots and he gets gassed. We have several "new" players with size in Garcia, Ihnen, Payne and OJ and a wing in Henley that can all take a little pressure off of Battle.
I don't disagree with anything you said. I'm just stating what I think will happen, not what should happen. And to clarify, I said he'll be closer to 38 than 32. I'm willing to bet he logs an average of 35.5 minutes or greater. If I'm proven wrong, that likely means the season went well because they had enough competent/healthy guys to fill minutes.

I don't disagree with anything you said. I'm just stating what I think will happen, not what should happen. And to clarify, I said he'll be closer to 38 than 32. I'm willing to bet he logs an average of 35.5 minutes or greater. If I'm proven wrong, that likely means the season went well because they had enough competent/healthy guys to fill minutes.
If that happens, I blame you :).

PG-Cooper(27), Samuels(13)
SG-Carrington(23), Henley(8), Cooper(5), Battle(4)
SF-Battle(29), Ihnen(11)
PF/C-Garcia(33), Payne(25), Thompson(10), Ihnen(7), JOJ(5)
Battle-33, Garcia-33, Cooper-30, Payne-25 Carrington-23, Ihnen-18, Samuels-13, Thompson-10, Henley-8, JOJ-5

Top Bottom