LINEBACKERS!!

HEAD

Reaction score
I know we will be having several graduating, does anyone have a feel for next year? Will Maresh really be in the mix?

Cooper should be the best bet and then Tinsley based on the most back up time to date. I saw Grant in there at the end of the OSU game and he is on ST's.

What does any one hear about Reeves? I see him out there on special teams. Shouldn't he get some time?

My guess at the depth chart next year.
SLB: Cooper/Singleton
MLB: Tinsley/Maresh
WLB: Reeves/Grant

Cooper is currently playing WLB but I think he'll probably move back to SLB (Lawrence position) because he should be our best guy in coverage (lines up over the TE). Tinsley appears a clear #1 at MLB right now as Maresh still needs to prove he is back and in playing condition--he has looked slow in spring game & fall scrimmage which is understandable given the time he missed. Reeves and Singleton will most likely be the major competition for the 3rd starting spot. I gave the benefit of the doubt to Reeves since I believe he is currently higher on the depth chart (I believe Singleton is redshirting). If Singleton doesn't start he will probably be positioned at SLB (better in coverage than Grant) but work in as the first replacement at either OLB position.

We badly need more size with our linebackers........ Fast speedy type players can only get you so far. Very bad match up issues against power running teams.

Top Bottom