Linebacker U!

Good to read a positive story about the Gopher football program. This is what truly builds a program in the long-run.

Hopefully we can make it stick. Two great opportunities to make a good impression.

Enjoyed this read too. Wish we'd see more positive articles like this in print these days, instead of the usual Reusse garbage.

I will say that I feel pretty positive for our LB corps over the next few years. Even though Simoni, Lee, and Nate will all graduate, I think Cooper, Maresh, and Reeves will all develop into excellent B10 linebackers.

Big Pennsylvania connection here...

...takes me way back to the Warmath days in the 60's when he brought in Sandy Stephens, Judge Dickson etc from PA during those exciting glory years. Great mix of Minny kids and standout out-state talent now and in the pipeline...says a lot about Brew's & Cos ability to recruit, Butler's coaching and talented athletes viewing the U as a rising, very attractive "big stage" on the BT/national scene!

Are we going to give Cosgrove any credit here? Doesn't he have a reputation of linebackers being successful in his defenses?

Are we going to give Cosgrove any credit here? Doesn't he have a reputation of linebackers being successful in his defenses?

Coach Cosgrove does have that reputation. In previous comments, Coach Brewster is often quick to give credit to linebacker/special teams coach, Coach Butler, who he says may be the best Xs and Os coach on the staff.

Top Bottom