Lindsay Whalen with Chad Hartman August 16, 2022

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

I haven't listened to it yet

One point that Whalen made about this season's team: she recruited pieces to fit arourd Katie, Rose and the freshmen.

It was a terrific interview, I thought.

-Perhaps her best career moment, she thought, was the last and 4th championship with Lynx. They were down 2 games to 1 and beaten soundly in the last game. They came back. It was the "last I had" to play at that level. She would retire after the next year when she juggled coaching for the Gophers and playing for the Lynx that last year.

-Why and how she picked her upcoming presenters for her Hall of Fame induction. Charles Barkley was her favorite as a child (before the days of Garnett and the T-Wolves got going). Whalen greatly admires Dawn Staley, played against her. New inductees must choose former HOF players to present.

-The young players for the Gophers are going to get lots of playing time in some form. It's a growing year. She sounded optimistic.

-Briefly talked golf. Whalen's husband Ben Greve won the state championship a few weeks ago, the Minnesota Golf Association Amateur Championship.

It was a terrific interview, I thought.

-Perhaps her best career moment, she thought, was the last and 4th championship with Lynx. They were down 2 games to 1 and beaten soundly in the last game. They came back. It was the "last I had" to play at that level. She would retire after the next year when she juggled coaching for the Gophers and playing for the Lynx that last year.

-Why and how she picked her upcoming presenters for her Hall of Fame induction. Charles Barkley was her favorite as a child (before the days of Garnett and the T-Wolves got going). Whalen greatly admires Dawn Staley, played against her. New inductees must choose former HOF players to present.

-The young players for the Gophers are going to get lots of playing time in some form. It's a growing year. She sounded optimistic.

-Briefly talked golf. Whalen's husband Ben Greve won the state championship a few weeks ago, the Minnesota Golf Association Amateur Championship.

Maybe the 2023 3M Open can give Ben an exemption (much like they did with Mardy Fish this year).

Speaking of which...

Ben and Lindsay.png
Ben and Lindsay in front of Lake Superior in Duluth at Northland. Nice!

Top Bottom